plans for next year autocrossing

protege02

:
2002 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V
right now i have eibach prokit springs, monroe replacement shocks(slightly stiffer than stock), mmis(not installed yet), k&n typhoon(not install, but it needs a new filter and probably a new throttle body tube too), and im getting a new clutch for it for now. im thinking about getting an obx header and a nismo catback(by chrismas). outside of that i think i'll keep the car stock, but im thinking about getting some lighter 17s(koya rs-gt im not sure if they are lighter but more durable is what i should say). does that mean i'll run in sts/stx? im not really sure, but im pretty sure whatever the class is, i'll most likely get killed because of 2nd gear topping out at 50mph. thanks for the info.

what does the header 'remove' cat wise? If nothing, then I'm *pretty* sure the SE-R is STS. If not, it'd be STX.

if it removes the precat, then it goes in SP...that's the way it was for the Protege.

why couldn't it be STX? You're allowed to remove a cat in that class.

STX and STS have different rules? I thought the only difference was displacement/turbo limitations and viscous vs torsion differentials.

yeah, they're different. You need to keep at least one cat, and it can be a high flow, but still be able to pass a sniffer (or something like that). Can't remove any emissions equipment in STS/2

You tell me... is there a reason? It'd be totally outclassed, but I don't see why it couldn't, unless there's some line in the rulebook I'm overlooking

yeah the p5 would be a waste in STX as even the MSP isnt a great contender in the class

yeah the p5 would be a waste in STX as even the MSP isnt a great contender in the class

I don't see why the MSP is not a good STX car. It has a better suspension design than the Subies.

I think it is just a matter of setup/driver combo as you fit a good bit of tire under the car they still weigh less than the Subies.

I don't see why the MSP is not a good STX car. It has a better suspension design than the Subies.

I think it is just a matter of setup/driver combo as you fit a good bit of tire under the car they still weigh less than the Subies.

yeah but the subies can make alot more power and have alot more tuning options in the suspension department

it removes the precat, and im not sure if the nismo catback gets rid of the 2nd cat. either way, i'll most likely sign up for TO only. im going to run i/h/e/mmis/eibach springs/stock 17's or koyo rs-gt's, and im not sure what tires yet. i have kumho asx's, but im pretty sure they wouldn't be good autocrossin tires because they are all season tires. im thinking about the kumho spt's or mx's depending on how much i want to spend. trying to keep everything under $2500.

is it safe to put tape over a hole on an intake that was set-up for NO2? here's a picture of what im talking about.

Attachments

• intake.jpeg
    intake.jpeg
    36.9 KB · Views: 39
  • intake hole.jpeg
    intake hole.jpeg
    36.5 KB · Views: 40
JB weld maybe? I wouldn't trust tape to hold very long on that. Then again, if it was for NOS, it should have been tapped for a nozzle / fitting. You could just find a bolt that fits that thread pattern and depth (or cut it to fit) and some plumbers tape to stop it up.

Back