pissed

jphilly

I just got quoted at over a 500$ install for a lowering spring and camber kit. This seems like a lot. Is there a write up anywhere of how to do the install? Is it hard? I know I wont be able to do it all becuase I am new at moding, but I can't afford that.

Well here we can rent a spring compressor from canadian tire for free and ive done it before. Its pretty easy. Just get a manual on your car and it shoudnt be hard if your mechanically inclined.

Where are you located? you can always see if you can get some assitance from some local mazda freaks.

Its actually really easy... Go to an autoparts store and rent a spring compressor, once you get under there its pretty much self explanitory.

Look man where are you located, because thats pretty cheap... anyways , is that from the dealer. Because i live in Nj and they have aftermarket shops around here and for that instalation including labor and an alignment will cost me around 2,500 to 3,500 dollars, depending on the parts i use.. yeah its a ripp off around where i live at.

Where are you located? you can always see if you can get some assitance from some local mazda freaks.

What pixy said! Depending on where your located at, you could get a bunch of guys/girls from the forum to meet up with you, have an install meet, meet some new forum members/friends and have a blast. :) And most importantly, SAVE MONEY!.(nana)

Putting the springs in is not too bad. The camber links are a PITA because some brilliant engineer put the fuel purge pump in the way of one of the bolts. You have to drop the rear sub-frame to get at the bolts.

Attachments

• evap_pump1 (Small).jpg
    evap_pump1 (Small).jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 137
yeah you can rent a spring compressor from a autoparts, on my old integrea i paid someone 250bucks to put on the springs, it was easy i watche him do in 20 minmutes... i could have done it myself no porb.

Hey Flipp, are you sure they charge 2500-3500 for a spring install, cause you realize that would make a spring/strut job for every car pretty crazy, hell meineke will change all 4 struts for 99 bucks, which is same job(I think in there add that includes the damn shocks...lol. I'm sure you just read it wrong, but had to call ya on that. Even Mazda only charges like 600 to put on the mazdaspeed coilovers and rear camber kit I think. Around here in Florida, the avg. spring job prob cost you 250-500 bucks with 500 being on the very high side. If your right, drive South, gets warmer and cheaper the further you go i guess.
Tom

My guy told me that the rear was going to just be a spring replacement but that the front he said he would have to take the strut apart to get at the spring. Is that true? If so, has anyone wrote it up?

kinda true. You have ot take the top mount off the strut. But need a compresor cause the stock spring is under load. If it flys off can hurt.

mine ill do it springs and camber links for 100 bucks . You sit relax have a beer or wathc my tv. (my wife usually makes lunch) then go over to firestone and have an alighnment done fo rlike 60 bucks and you are all good!

where is buena park?

cali somewhere north? long drive...lol 500+ is kinda much. i coughed up 400 for my install...that included springs/camber links, sport struts/damper install, and alignment. pretty cheap.

-J

Yeah Ill be living around dallas next year. Are there any mazda freaks lurking around those parts that want to throw on some springs for maybe dinner at Olive Garden? ummmm yummy.

You should come down here to Denver... I know a Tuner shop that will install your Springs for $175. They did a buddy of mines Mazda3 hatch.

I just got quoted at over a 500$ install for a lowering spring and camber kit. This seems like a lot. Is there a write up anywhere of how to do the install? Is it hard? I know I wont be able to do it all becuase I am new at moding, but I can't afford that.

I paid $470 with alignment from the dealer. Camber plate install included.

You should come down here to Denver... I know a Tuner shop that will install your Springs for $175. They did a buddy of mines Mazda3 hatch.

Is it that tuner shop off of Evans Ave. on the south side? I've been in there, I thought I walked into the set of fast and the furious hehe. I think it was called "street tuner"...

Thats a good deal, whats the phone #. I am in Denver all the time anyways looking for someone to line 'em up but no one ever will.

Thanks man

Is it that tuner shop off of Evans Ave. on the south side? I've been in there, I thought I walked into the set of fast and the furious hehe. I think it was called "street tuner"...

Thats a good deal, whats the phone #. I am in Denver all the time anyways looking for someone to line 'em up but no one ever will.

Thanks man

That shop you went to is "Racing Trenz". If you go further East down the street past Quebec is "Import Sports". Tell them Jack with a Black Mazdaspeed3 sent you. I'm going there this week to have them hook up my "in the vent" Boost Gauge.

7667 E Iliff Ave # I
Denver, CO 80231
(303) 752-2422

I wouldn't do this yourself if you've never done it and don't have someone looking over your shoulder to assist. Renting a spring compressor is just one step in this process and it's not easy.

Also, you MUST have the car re-aligned after you get everything in asap.

Latest posts

Back