Pirelli P Zero Nero M&S

SeminoleMan

:
'03.5 Sunlight Silver P5
I ordered a set of four Pirelli P Zero Nero's over the weekend in 205/50/16 size for my 2003.5 Protege 5. I've been excited about getting these tires after reading the reviews.

However, Tire Rack has called twice.

There are supposedly two versions of the M&S, which the site fails to mention. Version 1 and version 2 are supposed to have the same rating, performance, and tread pattern. The only difference is that version 2 is quieter and is not made in 205/50/16. Version 1 was made in 205/50/16, but has been discontinued.

Anyone purchasing this tire may notice the size listing 205/50/16 will soon no longer appear. The size listing will be removed as a result of the confusion over my order.

Tire Rack did manage to locate a set of V1's for me, which I should have Wednesday. I'll know Wednesday if they are any different from what the site advertises and will know if they really are louder.

Just FYI

Last edited:
Vuja De.

I just ordered the same for my 2003.5 (silver btw) Sunday nite. No phonecall from Tirerack, at least not yet.

Following is from the current tracking status:

4 205/50WR16 Pirelli PZero Nero M&S IN STOCK

Order Status: SHIPPING
Note: YOUR ORDER HAS BEEN RELEASED TO THE WAREHOUSE FOR SHIPPING.
Order Availability: In Stock

i ordered mine from discount tire direct last month...coincidentally, 205/50/16 as well on a silver p5...no problems here...the tires look good and work beautifully...

Last edited:
my friend has these on his SC300.. on 18'' rims, and he loves them. great grip.. plus the words look all cool on the sidewall lol

I've never had a problem with Tire rack. I've been ordering from them for years, so I'm a little surprised there is any confusion. A guy named Alan called Saturday, and a guy named Jake called me this morning. They even sent me a revised order by email which still listed the product as 205/50/w16 P Zero Nero's AND NOW SHOW the item in stock.

QTY SIZE & DESCRIPTION AVAILABILITY
PRICE EA.
4 P205/50WR-16 Pirelli PZero Nero M&S In Stock
$97.00
1 Pirelli tire regist card rtl In Stock
N/C
1 Tire warranty packet In Stock
N/C

At any rate, I can't wait. I need em pretty bad since the stock dunlops suck and only lasted 18k. Glad to know others are getting the same tires!

Last edited:
I have 30k on my Dunlops and there is still plenty of tread left - they just are no good in the wet and really no good in the cold wet stuff. I hope these are better.

I debated about getting snows and steel wheels, but decided the couple of days a year when it gets bad enough around here to need them, I will just stay home. The morons in SUVs who can't remember that 4wd is great for getting going but does nothing for stopping or decide to drive faster than conditions and traffic allow because "I've got 4wd and I'm invincible" are just too dangerous to be around.

fLyPiNoY7 said:
i ordered mine from discount tire direct last month...coincidentally, 205/50/16 as well on a silver p5...no problems here...the tires look good and work beautifully...

It must be a fillipino thing(I'm half...thanks mom!) Same car, same tires...now if I can just get it to run on abobo!

yeah, me too...but im surprised though, my dunlops lasted me only 12k miles...i must drive really crappy then...

i love the p-zero's.. ive had them for about 3 mo now, and i got the 45 series version.. love everything about except that there is a little more noise compared to the dunlops... (probably because its still new)... but yeah, u guys will like it. good in snow too

I just had the tires installed this morning and love em! They are a little louder, but seem to feel much better. We're supposed to be getting a little rain/snow mix over the weekend, so I'll get a good feel for how they perform in inclimate weather.

I just ordered them for my 03 Sentra SE-R. I had no problems because where I work we have a account with Pirelli directly. Alot of my co-workers have the Pzeros on BMWs and a Benz.

fLyPiNoY7 said:
yeah, me too...but im surprised though, my dunlops lasted me only 12k miles...i must drive really crappy then...

It could of been the alginment was off. Did you rotate the wheels and tires every other oil change?

Last edited:
trust me, they are 1000% better than the stock Dunlops, even here in Columbus when we got hit bad a couple of weeks ago

I thought the Dunlops were loud on my P5. My SE-R has the Firestone Firehawk which are louder the the Dunlops ever were.

First impressions

My Pirellis have been on for week. I have noticed that the noise was initially quite loud but is now far less than the Dunlops, once the little rubber nubbins came off. Handling is good, will report back when we have some bad weather.

I will notice that steering effort seems slightly harder because of the wider tire patch, but that could be my imagination.

Last edited:
mikeyb said:
It could of been the alginment was off. Did you rotate the wheels and tires every other oil change?

maybe the alignment was off...after i lowered my car, i brought it to this alignment shop and they did the alignment for $30 but didnt give me paper of what was off or anything...ill probably bring it to another alignment shop just to make sure...rotating every other oil change, the dealership did that the last time they changed my oil...

We had some snow here in the DC area over the weekend and I must say, these Pirelli's are awesome! Even after the melting began and water accumulated on the road, no hydroplaning as I was used to with the Dunlops. I recommend these tires to anyone...they are a dramatic improvement over the stock dunlops.

Back