Pictures of frame-off 1200 pickup restoration

I'm with Eric...glad to see things back on track. I too have family in central VA as I grew up in the west end and still visit from time to time.

I'm cracking the whip pretty seriously here now. Its been too long looking at this poor thing sitting in the corner, and the dust is starting to reclaim the cab!

I am actually nine miles north of Lake Anna just off 522. Just MapQuest Rhoadesville and you'll see where I am located. If you know where the intersection of 522 and 20 is at Unionville, I am about a mile from there. I jetski on Lake Anna when I can in the summer.

Alright now, back into the salt mine...I mean shop!

Just a really quick update:

Passenger floor of cab is now in the works and then the rear corners will be done. The glass is coming out this week as well, so that once the sheetmetal work is done the whole cab can go off to the sandblaster.

Pics will follow in a few days!

Work will slow a bit over the holidays for family stuff, but after the first of the year a major amount of progress should start to move along.

I am actually nine miles north of Lake Anna just off 522. Just MapQuest Rhoadesville and you'll see where I am located. If you know where the intersection of 522 and 20 is at Unionville, I am about a mile from there. I jetski on Lake Anna when I can in the summer.

My parents live on the Lake, just off 522, between Rt. 20 and Mineral, so I know exactly where you are talking about!

Good luck with the (now) ongoing project! :D

Just a really quick update:

Passenger floor of cab is now in the works and then the rear corners will be done. The glass is coming out this week as well, so that once the sheetmetal work is done the whole cab can go off to the sandblaster.

Pics will follow in a few days!

Work will slow a bit over the holidays for family stuff, but after the first of the year a major amount of progress should start to move along.

Great to see some updates in this thread...I'm really looking forward to those (pics) (thumb)

Any updates ever happen on this? I know this thread is ANCIENT but I was curious how it all turned out.

'Last 1200 left', eh?

I have this hanging out in my basement. Picked it up Sunday. It's a '71 aswell.

1149075_10153116757260114_997551366_n.jpg

Cheers!

Back