Pics of Two Protege5s

Captain KRM P5

Contributor
:
2002 BJFW, 2007 BK3P, 1979 SA22C, 2005 BK3P
Top left: My Car's Bodyguard, Top right: GReddy Boost Controller in dash pocket under foglamp switch, Lower left: Racing Beat exhaust tip, Lower right: Short shifter with MAZDASPEED carbon fiber shift knob. Some pics are sadly fuzzy :(
2a.jpg

Top center: Yellow and lookin' stock ;), Lower left: Engine bay with BEGI / FM turbo, Lower right: Pillar mounted boost gauge
4a.jpg

Top: Pro5OnSpeed's car with white grill treatments beside my yellow cruiser.
Bottom: Side profile of my car
5a.jpg

Selected Shots of Pro5OnSpeed's car - note 'carbon fiber altezzas' and white roof rails and white grills.
6.jpg

Last edited:
OK ok ok.
The grill treatment used to look cool until the logo got painted white. Big mistake in my opinion. at least tape it off!
Poor Emblem.

Now, as for the Yellow pikamobile, that thing kicks all forms of ass. No matter where you are in any gear, step on the gas, and you intimately know the contours of the seat you're sitting in!
Hella quick spooling, and that 9 pounds of boost.... MMMMMMMMM

Your car s**** on your buddies car. his is semi-ricey, but yours is ....
I like the sleeper thing you got going on.(thumb)

Last edited:
pikachoo guy, is your car dropped? if not, i suggest stay easy in the turns with that turbo =0P by the way, what set up you got?

pikachoo guy, is your car dropped? if not, i suggest stay easy in the turns with that turbo =0P by the way, what set up you got?

No no, the car is not dropped. What do you mean by, "what setup?" I take it you mean the turbo. The kit includes a Garrett T3 turbocharger, oil and water cooled, intercooler and fuel pressure regulator. The boost levels can be toggled in between 6.5 psi (low boost) and 9 psi (high boost). More complete specifications on the turbo can be found at www.fmprotege.com.

How many mpg do you get with the turbo installed ?

I rountinely get between 25 and 28 miles per gallon, 93 octane, city driving. Good mileage but gas is xpen$ive :(

a reply...

like i told EVERYONE else mike. the mazda logo was SUPERGLUED to the grille, and instead of ripping it off and breaking it and having no emblem at all, i painted over it. and taping it is alot more difficult. it will return.

Rice or not i love the way it looks. i recieve comments on how good it looks from everyone. many people have even pmed me to find out how to paint it. at least the car isnt lowered so much it drags on the ground, nor do i have underlight neons or decals all over the place that dont mean anything.

and yes his car "s****" on mine because he has a turbo. at least i dont have a flamming Pikachu in back! j/k ken i love ya!

and mike is just jealous cause he wished he drove a Mazda! :p

Pro5OnSpeed,
Rice for me is a subjective term.....since I really like a very conservative 'sleeper' look. My ideal car would be a mildly lowered P5, maybe 17" wheels (NO CHROME), a bit of window tint and a good 225hp rocket engine. No grills, no decals nothing special except the look on the face of anyone who trys me. Unfortunatly, I can't get the engine to 225....but maybe I'll drop in a turbo some day.

I know a lot of people get into 'individualizing' their car and that's kewl too.
Cheers !

Re: a reply...

Pro5OnSpeed said:
like i told EVERYONE else mike. the mazda logo was SUPERGLUED to the grille, and instead of ripping it off and breaking it and having no emblem at all, i painted over it. and taping it is alot more difficult. it will return.

Rice or not i love the way it looks. i recieve comments on how good it looks from everyone. many people have even pmed me to find out how to paint it. at least the car isnt lowered so much it drags on the ground, nor do i have underlight neons or decals all over the place that dont mean anything.

and yes his car "s****" on mine because he has a turbo. at least i dont have a flamming Pikachu in back! j/k ken i love ya!

and mike is just jealous cause he wished he drove a Mazda! :p

Can't say I like the white grille (just my own personal pref) but I definitely like the Altezzas and thank you VERY MUCH for posting pics. I wanted to get those for my black MP5 and now I know know how they're gonna look. Thanx! :D

P.S.
Rice can be nice if it's got taste! I think your ride looks like some tasty spicy rice... maybe w/some saffron and on the side of some kabob'd chicken... mmm, lunchtime! j/k :D

Back