Picked Up My LaserBlue P5 today!

I find laser blue looks different ever time i look at it. Some days its dark with a hint of purple, and other days it looks much lighter. Do any of you notice this?

Re: Just bought my Midnight Blue P5

Peter Mann said:
Just bought my Midnight Blue /AC/Roof/Stick/ at a local dealer here in Ottawa. Liked the Laser Blue and came *that* close to buying the Yellow one. Red was hot but I've owned several red cars before, ditto the Black. Did not like the White and silver seems so average ( see so many of them around ).

OTOH I liked the Midnight Blue originally so I went with it since it'll weather the years better (I hope). Got a great deal too!

Hope I can afford a Turbo upgrade in a year or so.

GREAT TASTE.. nice choice in cars.. mine is a midnight blue/ac/roof/stick also.. and I only paid 16,500..

Edison_Chen said:
not badd...
i got ac/moon/auto so it came around... 24150...... w/o tax

sounds like same options I got.. don't you just LOVE it.. soooo much fun to drive.. what color is yours?

color

Congrats thats a sweet color. I couldn't find that color but found the darker blue and I love it.

ottawaP5,
True Mazda's colors are pretty good, but Nissan's are better (in terms of being original). No one beats the Germans though in the color wars.

One thing I found boring is that the new Mazda6 is availible in basically the SAME colors as the P5...How imaginative is that ????

Welcome to the board. Ask away.

Edit
huh, my 100th post, i should celebrate or something.

Re: Just bought my Midnight Blue P5

Peter Mann said:
Just bought my Midnight Blue /AC/Roof/Stick/ at a local dealer here in Ottawa. Liked the Laser Blue and came *that* close to buying the Yellow one. Red was hot but I've owned several red cars before, ditto the Black. Did not like the White and silver seems so average ( see so many of them around ).

OTOH I liked the Midnight Blue originally so I went with it since it'll weather the years better (I hope). Got a great deal too!

Hope I can afford a Turbo upgrade in a year or so.

Man, I could quote you almost word for word, except that yellow wasn't for me.
I traded my '02 mica blue auto for an '03 mica blue auto to get the sportmatic and almost switched to laser blue but agree that mica will weather better...or in my words, is a classic blue vs a trendy blue.
And there's a place nearby that will do a turbo for me as long as I show them the money.
Anyway, to the newbie, enjoy the car and welcome to the Protege world!

Cheers, Mark :)

Last edited:
Laser blue not tacky

Trendy, yes. Tacky, no! In fact, it's quite racy.
We're not talking about that ugly teal blue-green many manufacturers were putting on their cars in the early-mid '90's (including Honda). Gawd, that was awful, as were a few coral/shrimp/pink colours Ford had the audacity to pull...like on the Pinkly Taurus (say that fast a few times - LOL)

Cheers, Mark :)

Yeah that teal blue-green looks pretty ugly nowdays, especially with rust spots lol.

I love laser blue, i find it looks great on these cars. I almost bought midnight blue, since its a classic color.

I think it'll still look good 5 years from now.

03blup5 (Mark)
The yellow was apealing because I've never owned nor considered a car in that color.....ever. If I was younger I probably would have gone for it. It appeals to the racer in me......but I'm not really into that 24/7 anymore. Now, if the P5 was availible in that Mazdaspeed Spicey Orange ( and a turbo...be still my beating heart).....that would have been too much temptation for my own good.

ottawaP5,
If you like the color, more power to you dude! Lighter blues never apealed to me that much. I once owned a Triumph in a similar but non-metalic blue. I got tired of it. I'm not saying you will.

The Laser Blue is another 'racey' color just like the Yellow IMPO.
Not for me 24/7.

When I get to the dealer to buy mine I will have white with leather as the 1st choine and Laser blue with leather for my 2nd choice. I will let them decide for me since I can't, wichever one they can get 1st is what I am taking. Or wichever one is cheaper.

edison,

I'm looking at your pics and noticed yours looks so much brighter than mine. Even when the sun hits mine it never looks that bright. Does dirt make this color less bright?

it could be possibly be the dirt....
but the car was pretty clean during those pics..

soon i'll more pic up..

pictures look pretty bright i think..
i prefer it to be a tad bit darker....
but on a cloudy day, the car seems to be darker than in the sun

Back