Picked up my 08.5 CWP GT yesterday - Love it!

FrequentFlyer

:
2008 CWP Mazdaspeed3
This is one hell of a car for the $23.6k I payed for it. I've come from a 2004 Honda S2000 and then a 2005 Acura RSX Type-S and this car is a close tie in fun factor with the S2000 in its own special way. I had to go to a 4 door because we just had a baby and this car seems to be perfect for what I need. Hauls the bacon too. :D

Here are so pics. Let the modding begin! (thumb)

Attachments

• DSC_0374.jpg
    DSC_0374.jpg
    224.3 KB · Views: 257
  • DSC_0373.jpg
    DSC_0373.jpg
    261.6 KB · Views: 260
  • DSC_0371.jpg
    DSC_0371.jpg
    263.4 KB · Views: 217
  • DSC_0372.jpg
    DSC_0372.jpg
    257.3 KB · Views: 222
  • DSC_0370.jpg
    DSC_0370.jpg
    302.2 KB · Views: 260
A few more...

Attachments

• DSC_0369.jpg
    DSC_0369.jpg
    179.7 KB · Views: 188
  • DSC_0375.jpg
    DSC_0375.jpg
    272.7 KB · Views: 295
  • DSC_0383.jpg
    DSC_0383.jpg
    302.9 KB · Views: 267
looks good... definitely loose the front license plate. if you can't make the dealership fix what they destroyed by punching holes into your front bumper (even if they say it's the law, it's not) get a body shop to do it... should only cost about a $100 or so and it'll look 10x better.

As for him not opting for the GT... he did thanks to the alacantra, there's finally a legitimate reason to spend an extra $1800

sort of random but I've been wondering for a while... anyone know what that round cutout is on the left hand side of the front bumper?

nah... those are for the driver behind you. if I can't see it, I could care less. that's why the interior of a car is so important... even more so than the exterior. obviously all things being even the led tails are a cool thing to have... but should hardly be a factor when considering the added cost of the GT

sort of random but I've been wondering for a while... anyone know what that round cutout is on the left hand side of the front bumper?

oh and my wife popped that out on my old 3gt and said there was nothing behind it. maybe the bumper is used in some other vehicle that has a parking sensor or something

That is where a tie down hook screws into, which I believe is in the trunk near the spare tire. Its for when the car is transported via flat bed car carrier.

Regarding the 26.7mpg. lol Yes, I drive about 80 miles roundtrip on the highway to work and back everyday. Honestly, I expected it to be a bit better, but naturally on my first full day with the car, I put my foot down a few times today (with a big grin on my face). I used to get 28-29mpg with my RSX consistently. If I can get near that, I'll be happy. I do have to get used to not having to rev the piss out of a car to get it to go anywhere. Between the S2000 andn the RSX, I was used to taking them above 8k RPM on a daily basis. Redline seems to come pretty quick with this car and I know it's not even worth taking it there due to the falloff of power.

looks good... definitely loose the front license plate. if you can't make the dealership fix what they destroyed by punching holes into your front bumper (even if they say it's the law, it's not) get a body shop to do it... should only cost about a $100 or so and it'll look 10x better.

As for him not opting for the GT... he did thanks to the alacantra, there's finally a legitimate reason to spend an extra $1800

Can't lose the front plate. Unfortunately, two are required here in NJ and the cops are dickheads about it. The dealer had already installed the plate holder when I picked the car up anyway. On my RSX, I had the plate mounted to the driver's side of the front bumper down near the ground, which looked better, but there really isn't a way to do that with this car.

lol every state pretty much has that law... and, despite what you might think, i highly doubt you'd get a ticket. especially considering your car... i mean, it's not like you're driving around in some rice burner... most cops hate those types with a passion and will look for any reason they can to bust those DBs. They'll see your car and, no offense, see a freakin station wagon... totally fly under the radar

lol every state pretty much has that law... and, despite what you might think, i highly doubt you'd get a ticket. especially considering your car... i mean, it's not like you're driving around in some rice burner... most cops hate those types with a passion and will look for any reason they can to bust those DBs. They'll see your car and, no offense, see a freakin station wagon... totally fly under the radar

I'm in the Air Force and have to go through a secured gate every day where military police enforce state/local laws. Trust me, I'm not going to get away without running a front plate. I've had them bother me before about it and honestly, it's just not worth it to me anymore. It's not like I can see it when I'm driving anyway. Yes, I hate front plates also, but I've learned to live with it.

Back