Pic of an installed turbosmart dual port BOV?

i dont know about the forge BOV. i've been hearing a lot about it still leaving turkey. i want no turkey!!!!!!! all BOV. so thats why i am going to go with the turbosmart. so with the turbosmart, i'm going to have to weld it to my cold pipe? and another thing. it says the dual port kompact series bolts up to the stock location. but it has the design of a stock BPV that would have the boost hose coming from the side and the exhuast hose coming out the bottom. where the MSP one has them both on the side. So if i put this in the stock location, i would have to twist the hose to get it to fit under the BOV instead of the side. that seems kind of weird. has anyone installed this yet.

My car had one on when i bought it, no turkey, but i do get some flutter if I'm cruising or in it and let off sharply...

I just installed the dual port kompact from turbosmart and I get nothing but turkey, any advice guys??

I just installed the dual port kompact from turbosmart and I get nothing but turkey, any advice guys??

I have one and get a weird swoosh sound then psssttt, I love it tho. better than BoostScience RDV. try adjusting it!

Also, ill go take some pics of mine installed and post them noe for u!!!

Here u go.
mspyellowflame.gif

M01A0110.jpg

M01A0111.jpg

Hope this helps!

i dont know about the forge BOV. i've been hearing a lot about it still leaving turkey. i want no turkey!!!!!!! all BOV. so thats why i am going to go with the turbosmart. so with the turbosmart, i'm going to have to weld it to my cold pipe? and another thing. it says the dual port kompact series bolts up to the stock location. but it has the design of a stock BPV that would have the boost hose coming from the side and the exhuast hose coming out the bottom. where the MSP one has them both on the side. So if i put this in the stock location, i would have to twist the hose to get it to fit under the BOV instead of the side. that seems kind of weird. has anyone installed this yet.

Look at my pics, i found a 1" Samco elbow on the web. I initailly purchased it for my Boost Science one, but i sold it for this Turbosmart and like it alot better. You will need an elbow for the Turbosmart Kompact Daul port valve, it seems like most aftermarket valves have a "L" style inlet/outlet. I now also have a Turbosmart MBC, i really like their products!

Do you have a dedicated vac line for the bov I can't tell from the pictures thanks.

so judging by the pics, this would mount directly in place of the factory bpv? or does it still have to be mounted via flange on to the cold pipe.....

the dual port makes a bit more sense to me for our set up's but as far as driveablity is concerned would a dual set up be better with a seperate bov and bpv or will running a dual port provide similar results. i just want to ensure the car remains reliable and won't stall......

Last edited:
I just installed the Turbosmart in place of the stock one. But because its inlet is on the side and outlet is on the bottom, u will need a silicone elbow. I found a Samco 1" one on the net, and trimmed it to fit. Direct fit, no flange neede for pipes, just use the same ports u have on your pipes.

Kypatrick, you got any sound clips of it? i'm thinking about going that route and wanna make sure it's not too loud

Kypatrick, i would also like to hear this BOV, i want to hear how it sounds since you described it as kinda "weird". so, how much for the elbow? i am very interested in this valve.

Wow. Yo know when i made a Thread like 6 months ago about gettin this Turbosmart Daul Port, I had like no responses. Its just funny.

Umm, sorrry no sound clips. I only say the sound is weird because sounds are hard to describe in words.If i barely accelerate and shift, it gets a slight turkey, but most often its like a deep wind sound like "kkkkhhhhhaaaaaaahhh" then a ppppppppssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhsssshhhh" (because of the daul ports of course).
The only thing i have heard that i like better is the Forge BOV, and i heard hesitation problems with it so i was affraid to spend the cash.

I got the elbow here http://www.boostcontroller.com/index.php?category=188

Also, u can get this Valve from S.U.. (sshhhhh, dont tell the Moderators i said that!!)
Hope i didnt miss anything!

Last edited:
i know, i was actually getting it from SU. thanks for the link to the elbow. I am pretty sure i will be getting this valve.

because i bought minr from Ebay, i had no choice, i got the bigger one, i think its 25mm ( if im not mistaken, the choices are 20mm and 25mm). And i got the 1" Elbow, but u might wanna measure your valve fittings just to double check me, its been awhile.

yea, i'll prob be purchasing the turbosmart very soon. as in, my next mod, soon. yayuhz. but i am going to have to make sure the 1" inch elbow is the correct size.

yo kypatrickm, isnt your backwords. according to the instructions your's is backwards. bosst is supposed to come from the bottom and the exhaust hose comes out the side. how did you get you vacuum hoses to fit right? i only got one 5mm hose with my valve. theres no way to connect the vac hoses and i think that is my problem right there. the stock BPV hose would fit on the kompat nipple. it's too big. so i put the new hose in, but then it's too big to connect to the factory vac hose. help me!!!! what the hell. im not geeting any "swoosh", all im getting is the same sound as before. i was holdin the throttle while looking at my kompact BOV, and i dopnt even see it moving at all. so i know it's a vac problem.

Back