Phone contact list downloads every time!

Well that's not very smart. My ford focus was able to store the list for more than one user. I have to wait about 7 minutes or more for my 350 contacts to download very frustrating.

If you mess around with the settings, I believe you can turn this off. However, then when you receive calls, it will only display the phone number on the screen and you'll have to look at your actual phone if you want to recognize the number.

If you mess around with the settings, I believe you can turn this off. However, then when you receive calls, it will only display the phone number on the screen and you'll have to look at your actual phone if you want to recognize the number.

I download the phone book every time and still whenever anyone calls me, it comes on the screen as just the number. even my wife, my only number i have stored in the speed dial... bottom line... this headunit sucks donkey balls.

They certainly didn't invest much time or resources for this feature. I am wondering if in the future they will have an update that will bring us into the 21st century!!

Yep - sucks. Here's the workaround I use, and it's been working for me. I have a LG G3, these steps may not work with your phone.

First, unpair/delete the phone.
Reset Buetooth factory settings.
Initiate connection with phone. (Pairing code etc...)
When NB1 requests access to phone history/contacts, UNTICK "don't ask again", and ALLOW.
Do not allow access to messages (more on that below)
5 minutes later (in my case LOL), phone will be connected.

Turn off car, restart.
NB1 will request access to history/contacts again, Tick "Don't ask again" and DENY.

I also deny access to messages forever - it seems that if I let the NB1 access SMS, then it also is allowed access to the phone book and starts downloading. I'd rather lose SMS read functionality since I didn't have it before...

What happens now is, on startup the NB1 will connect to the phone, try and d/l the phonebook, fail and finish setup. The previously stored phonebook is not deleted.

Thanks for that Bluetooth setup tip, Heretic. I just did that with my Samsung Note 3 and now when I turn the car on, I'm streaming Bluetooth music within about 20 seconds instead of waiting several minutes for it to re-download my entire phonebook. I don't update my phonebook very often anyway, so it's not like it needs to resync often let alone every time I start the car. I also disabled access to messages because even though it works and is a cool feature, I don't like having to clear the message off the NB1 screen every time I receive a text. I'd rather just pick up my phone and check/reply to a text at a stop light than to have to keep clearing the message off the radio.

Back