PG Reworked VS BNR.

anm6

:
09 Speed 3
OK guys I have done some searching read through like 5 threads but have not seen any hard facts , WHP numbers. I'm not looking for 400whp just 350-370 WHP. Just looking for some numbers from guys that have them.

Whoah, how many replies here... :)
Okay, through my reading here and on msf I understand that if I find extra 400 bucks, I will try this BNR hybrid. Looks like it will be more top-end power with 2871 CHRA and I can flow more. But I shall mess with aftermarket solenoid, but that's not an issue. And forged internals also ftw, he-he :)

Whoah, how many replies here... :)
Okay, through my reading here and on msf I understand that if I find extra 400 bucks, I will try this BNR hybrid. Looks like it will be more top-end power with 2871 CHRA and I can flow more. But I shall mess with aftermarket solenoid, but that's not an issue. And forged internals also ftw, he-he :)

I would check what guys are putting down with the BNR also. I made 291 WHP and 312 WTQ on a mustang dyno, Very good numbers.. ( PG Reworked K04). Not saying the BRN is'nt a grood turbo but for the extra $$$ may not be worth it?? Just My .02.. . :)

Okay, about a week and a half I'm getting no replies from BNR, but Ken answered the same day, so I am sending my core to PG. anm6 is happy, so I suppose to be also :)

Okay, about a week and a half I'm getting no replies from BNR, but Ken answered the same day, so I am sending my core to PG. anm6 is happy, so I suppose to be also :)

Trust me you will be.. I still can't beleive how different the car is!!! You will be more than Happy.. :)

Hope so, hope so... Got one used turbo for 100 bucks (it is in Detroit now), and the man will send it to Ken next monday. Rather sweet deal - if sending mine one, oversea shipping and at least 2 months w/o a car. So far I am happy. I will be even more happy when I receive it reworked, install and make that damned pro-tune... :)

Yup,, Pro tune for the win.. have the adjust your idle to Mine is at 850 now and car is so much more smoother. :).. Do you have 93 OCT gas over there?

someone on the other forum just got his stage 2 BNR protuned. at 19psi he made about 350whp and 390tq.

another guy over there has a stage3 that hes tuning himself... results still pending

these seem like a better option than a reworked k04, more power and more reliability.

I belive BNR flows more, but why the heck they don't reply the letters? I send two, and two weeks no reply. It is not that way of doing business that I like.
anm6, about gasoline - we have Euro 98 Premium which I used to use, looks like it is like 93 in your classification, I don't know :) It is the most octane here in Russia and Europe also. I know, some japanese crazy guys use 102 or even 105 octane for their turbo-monstazz, but Japan is Japan :)

Nice I think the 98 Oct is the same.. Hell If I could run 100 Oct I would. can't find it here other than the track..

I looked all over the other thread and did not see a BNR STG 2 numbers. .I would like to see the flow chart on that.. 390 WTQ hell I have trouble with tracion now with 312.. 390 must be undrivable :)

i know this is late but i barely saw this so i'm posting it now. you have to call bryan@ BNR...he WILL answer and is very easy to talk to. his digits are on his website >bnrsupercars.com<

anm6, thanks, I am still waiting rebuild process to be finished, but it is going now. Kens aid he will let me know immediately.
Mi-TMS3, thanks for an advice! But I went PG route because no e-mail replies from Bryan and it is hard for me to call overseas - too costly and time differencem you know. "Midnight in Moscow - is sunshine in LA" (c) Eagles :)

Will definitely share my impressions here :)
By the way, anm6, why have you moved to red spring and 2 shims? You do like it more?
And about internals - what rail pressure you had before and after installing them? I have no upgraded pump and so I am wondering if I have enough flow. Now I have 11.5 MPa starting from 2K rpms (it's about 1670 psi I suppose).
Thnak you!

My tuner changed to the Red spring said the yellow would leak( They have done a ton of MS3's) and used the forge BPV and a lot of Subi's.. So I took their word for it.. My rail pressure stock was fine with the stock K04, 1600 or so like you.. BUT I would definlty looking into doing a pump upgrade ASAP. Stock cars run out of fuel and go BOOM.. With the reworked you will be adding more stress to the pump to keep up the demand for the added airflow. I swapped mine before I did the Reworked. Was a top thing for me to do.. Look into it.

Thanks anm6 for your input!
I was also thinking about PtP internals but I should gather statistics before I go with them, as for now I don't see reasons my pump wouldn't be enough. I am producing solid 1660-1690 psi and from what I've read - this seems to be fine.
So I would like you to share what psi have you got AFTER ptp internals :)

Latest posts

Back