Performance coils for the P5?

i was talking about ignition. why aren't they necessary. Doesn't a bigger spark help with efficiency and power?

Wires don't give you a bigger spark. They theoretically give a cleaner shot to the spark plug, but whatever ignition you get from the plug, you get from the plug.

Have never heard of anyone getting definite power from wires, coils or plugs... not unless they were being used to replace worn out wires, coils or plugs. OEM is fine for 99% of power builds.

The OEM wires, coils and plugs are more then efficient enough. There is no benefit to upgrading any of these items.

You're not going to get a lot of power out of the motor in your car unless you turbo charge it. Even then the factory ignition setup is fine.

i was talking about ignition. why aren't they necessary. Doesn't a bigger spark help with efficiency and power?

1.8 coils have benefited some people, generally those with Boost...I think putting the coils on top of the spark plugs is just a bad idea....and the 1.8 setup looks better...

Ok, so, 2 posts in the same minute telling me bad for turbo and good for turbo

Yeah I think your right on the 1.8's being good and the Nology wires I know I've seen a few bad things written. My stock 2.0's are good for me at close to 300whp!

Latest posts

Back