Per forums feedback, Injen CAI not worth it?

Mitch

First off I would like to say thanks for all the great insight, im pretty new to the site and to Mazda's,(previously owned 2 Honda's). Honda's have so much more aftermarket support searching for performance goodies is a bit more involved. Ive been doing some research about which intake to get and there only seems to be 2 choices from searching previous posts. AEM or Injen and neither seems to have gained any more power. For those that have the Injen is it worth the 250 or so bones for the 1hp at the wheel gained I have seen in the previous posts, im quite skeptical , but in real world conditions do you see a noticable improvement? Any insight would be great!

The Injen is good for anywhere from 3-6whp and 3-5lb ft of torque. I'm not sure who's been telling you that it's only good for 1hp. You may have been mislead my friend:( Unfortunately, I can't find a dyno sheet to back this right now

Well I cant remember where I found the topic but a member had his Mp3 dyno'd by Injen and the diagram only showed a 1whp improvement. Hmmm, maybe I was just on crack but I swore thats what I saw.

Cheers;)

we used oru Max-Q Data on our Injen equipped MP5 and did some datalogging of the Intake air temp. without the intake the IAT woudl be anywhere from 10 to25 degrees hotter than ambient. with the Injen it would be 1-2 degrees from ambient. The injen would get heatsoak in traffic but after approx 1-2 minutes it was back to ambient temps again.
throttle responce is greatly improved. slight increase in performance and milage..
granted its not a turbo but it definatly did something.

cant say anything about the other brand but having th efilter righ tin the engine bay isnt the best idea IMHO

happy shifting

AND on top of all the other good things you just read....it looks better than all the rest when you raise the hood

intake.jpg

Thanks for the dyno chart. I was browsing the Injen page and they took the Mp3 dyno chart off there, further making me think the gains were little for the money. On a side note, anyone from the Phoenix area know a good shop for aftermarket mods? Just moved here a few weeks ago.

CHEERS

Back