Parking Lot Horror Story

:
mazda5
Folks, the unthinkable just happened not once but 2 times to my dear M5. last week right after parking and shutting off the engine, an old lady in this gold acura sedan crashed on my driver side rear bumper. I actually heard a thud and crunching sound. Upon inspection, a portion of the bumper was protruding from the body and the splash shield has 3 broken clips aside from the paint scratch. I managed to push the bumper and it seems to be not deformed in any way.

2nd mishap, while i'm in food basics at Markham and Sheppard, someone dented my driver side sliding door small but deep. It was a windy day and I suspect the Jeep beside me but cant be sure. I hated myself not parking away farther from the store. Cant report to my insurance since I'm sure it will be less than my deductible. Some people just don't care about other peoples property.

Last edited:
You are a victim of The Conspiracy. They have chased me my whole life. They dent my car, plant people in front of me at Wal-Mart who write a check with no id and send me cold entrees at restaurants.

I am sorry to hear that your fate is the same as mine.

I suggest you learn terms such as "double deuce" and "big 40" as these are the only things that will help with your pain.

Good luck!

Damn that sucks...

I know it's inherently wrong and obviously only increases everyone's premiums but...

Bodyshop owners are seemingly in cahoots with insurance adjusters/inspectors. You didn't hear this from me but... chances are, if you find the 'right' (or wrong) guy... he can work something out.

example: Last year I was blindsided by a drunk. The damage was pretty minimal but ended up costing about $3k nonetheless. Since I had never needed bodywork before, I just went to the nearest bodyshop. Seemed like a nice enough guy so I gave him the business. After talking... the fact that I had to pay my deductable because some jerkoff got confused about which pedal was the brake must have come out. Next thing I know, the guy's telling me not to worry about it... since he'll just have the adjuster 'build that into the repair'... and he'll give me the money later. lol Part of me thought this was pretty shady... the other 99% of me was feelin pretty good about not having to shell out $500. Just then he starts inspecting my car for more damage. He notices a small nick on the rear bumper and tells me he can get this fixed. I expalined it was from when a buddy moved my car and backed up into a stone wall... The quotes I had gotten (at the dealership no less) for about a grand so I said F it. He laughed and said he'd take care of it. Somehow someway... even though the damage drunk bastard costed was on the opposite end of the vehicle... he managed to fix the rear bumper. I know it's sort of F'ed up and all but... maybe 2 wrongs do make a right!

Whatever happens though... good luck with the repair. Hopefully you learned your lesson. It can be 50 below... I'm still parking out in timbuktu. Aint nobody gonna ding my car!

So sorry to hear that ... I had a similar conversation with my friends the other day as both his new Civic Si and my daily commute car have recently been dented or scratched by careless and totally inconsiderate car owners who parked next to our cars. Both of us always try to park far away from the crowd and next to the curb in parking lot (that will save at least one side of the vehicle) whenever possible but you know chances are you won't be able to be immute from this type of mishaps. I'm just glad that it wasn't my new Mazda 5 but the other older car ... still, it is depressing every time you walked by and saw that damage, well, until you have it fixed or until some other bigger damage occurs LOL

I know it sucks ... many of us understand that, unfortunately.

However, there are still plenty out there who don't give a damn about the car that parked next to theirs.

That sucks! I'm glad we only have like 4 cars in out work parking lot. I'm also glad I decided to try and stay healthier by parking as fart as possible from the store when I go in. Some people just don't have common decency anymore.

Back