Painting the hood.

Shiroi_ms3

:
2008 Mazdaspeed3
Hey guys I was thinking about doing this to my car. Blacking out the little strip under the grill and blacking out the little fin around the mazda logo.

SDC108581.jpg

I was wondering if anyone has done it and what do you guys think would be the best paint to use on the bumper.

Thanks for any info replies!

edit. Btw it should say painting the bumper not hood just noticed that.

Last edited:
do it!! it will give it a little evo x to it cause they have there bumpers like that! theres been a few srt4 guys doing it too and it looks really good

I really like that quite a bit. Also, I would fully black out the front emblem. :D
Keep us updated if you proceed

Thanks for the replies guys, I just went with doing the bottom part of the bumper. I was iffy on the fin thing in the middle so I didn't do it yet, maybe in a few days but I love the end result.
I used the Rust-oleum Camuflage paint, because it was Flat black and meant to be used on plastic and such.

Here's a few pics let me know what you think.

IMG_0097.jpg

took time to block off everything else. after 2nd coat.
IMG_0100.jpg

IMG_0102.jpg

IMG_0104.jpg

IMG_0105.jpg

IMG_0103.jpg

I love how it turned out, I also have the Home Depot lip installed which I did few days ago, love that look as well.

You need to help me put that home depot lip on mine.

And it came out good man. i like it.

wow looks amazing. and whats this home depot lip everyone is talking about?

thanks, and the lip is just the garage door seal stuck to the bottom of the bumper with some 3m double sided tape so it sticks out a little from underneath you can see it in the pics I posted.

When you are doing it just remember to first put the 3m tape to the garage door seal and then slowly peel away the tape and line it up to the bumper. right in front of the black scratch guard underneath.

How did you prep it before painting? I really wanna do this to my TR. Did you just clean it then spray it on? use clear coat? Friend thought i should get it done professionally but would cost couple hundred this seems nice and cheap. Wonder how easy it will chip

Back