P5 Problems? Lots?

Just turned 19,000 miles yesterday w/no problems. Pretty hard driving, too. I run mobile 1, 5 w 30 synthetic. Might switch to amsoil next time.

-R

I forgot to mention about rattles.

I forgot to mention about rattles.

Door rattles........fixed by DynoMat

Rear wing...........fixed by rubber between wing and body.............no I don't have a sub-woofer.

Read Lic plate........fixed by rubber between holder and body.

Read hatch panel........fixed by rubber between panel and body.

I have had my 03 P5 with a Sport A/T since March 2003(bought it new), currently has 23,000 miles on it. A mix of highway and city driving and not a problem with it so far..

Hi I threw a cel this morning. 19700 miles and i drive her a lil hard but nothing crazy. I only drive her on weekends since i have a company car that I use for the regular work week. only mod i have is a carbon fiber hood with cold air scoop and sri connected to the hood. shes a 2002 i used to drive her everyday for work 76 miles a day...both ways but I have had my company vehicle for fours months now and only use her on the weekends.....I noticed for about a week or maybe two she was bogging on idle almost to the point of dying but not quite dying. I figured it was just the cold weather....but then the cel came on this morning...:wtf:

maybe an O2 sensor? If it's been sitting for a bit something might have corroded. With the CEL, go to a local Autozone or Checker and you can get it checked for free, if you don't want to deal with a dealer, they shoudl be able to tell what it is w/o too much hassle.
CEL's are always a guesstamite until you check it out.

Problems?

How about a new engine at just 14,000 kms! Defective parts (piston pins, and rings) that my dealership has said require a new engine in my car.

Could be a rare occurance but still a piss off as I am trying to sell it for a MSP03.5.

pro5

Things like that happen a lot with any manufacturer. Sometimes things get missed or a defect that can't be detected will cause a major problem, ie blown engine. That's what warranties are for.

i bought mine the other month used...had 30000 miles on it. Ive had major annoiance (sp?) with the 2nd gear problem people talk about. Sometimes it feels it doesn't want to shift into it and when it does it makes a wierd sound ive never heard in my other manual car, sounds like im forcing it in but not grinding. i have wierd AC/Defrost noises...like i hear the relay click and then a short electrical type noise that i know isnt normal. I also have power problems sometimes...the power jumps sometimes. I have taken the car to the dealership all they did was a software upgrade for the ECU and told me this took care of the problems...LIES LIES LIES...im going to kill them all ive had the car maybe 2 whole weeks because ive been battling the dealership demanding they fix the problems as its still under factory warranty up to 35000 miles....i love the car to death but i getting 2nd thought about having made a bad choice....

are there tsb's for any of the mentioned problems i have encountered in my first post btw?

also what exactly is clutch chatter? sorry for my ignorance

ONE NEW PROBLEM FOUND

clutch frozen at -30c

detail:
clutch get twice harder as usual when depress, not going smooth when release.

more detail will be post after send car in dealership tomorrow.

errrrrr....yeah yeah yeah they said it's because winter, nothing they can do, but the tech said i may want to change some different clutch fluid transmittion oil.........may help.

......but i guess if everyone is the same here when driving -30c, i guess i just try to live with it.

BTW it is not help if i depress the clutch more often or not, still stiff.

Back