P5 HID installation

b_real45

I've heard that the H7 HID application needs some sort of "adapter" to keep the bulb secure in the housing.. is this true? If so, what did you guys use as an adapter? I have the McCulloch 5300K H7 kit.

it's not necessary but you could, someone said they got some kind of plastic foam from homedepot.

This is what I have and they work perfeclty fine thanks to act. :D
P.S. you need about 2 or 3 of them if I remember correctly when act was installing to hold the bulb secure.

acts said:
If you guys with h7 hid kits are interested I got rings that fit my phillips hid kit bulbs perfectly from home depot. what is it you ask? it is durable hard plastic garden hose rings. Yes the rings that you put into place to seal between the hose and faucet. The orange coored one you see in the hose that is replaceable. Perfect size. You use 2-3 of them on the bulb stacked to get the needed base to clip on then slightly bend the flange that held the stock bulbs on(the top peice only ) place. Cost to you.. you get 10 of them for a buck. Cant beat that. The hold in place and havent had a problem. Just an idea.. which saves you a s*** load of cash. What have you got to lose? A buck and 10 minutes of time? Hope this helps someone.

If you wanna read the original post:
http://forum.protegemp3.com/vbb225/...age=15&highlight=HID Assistance&pagenumber=37

Back