P5 belt change thread?

I did a search to try and find some instructions for getting the 2 belts off my 03 P5 as I didn't want to double post, but couldnt find any. So my question is, does anyone know of a post with instructions, or can give me some? I believe I know how to get the outermost belt off by loosening the tension nut on the one pump at the top right (if looking at the engine from the passenger side panel). The other belt I have no freaking clue? Anyone?

Check out the sticky at the top of the P5 section. You can download the service manuals for free. That will give you step-by-step instructions on how to do it.

The water pump/alternator belt is tensioned by the alternator. Jack the car up, take the wheel off and loosen the bottom alternator bolt. Its on the inside. The tensioner is on top of the alternator to loosen the belt.

As a note you will be able to see on the tensioner bolt how tight the belt was before because there will be a cleaner spot on that tensioner bolt. You should return it to that general area because its pretty hard to judge when the belt is tight enough. This is important because you don't want to do all of this and have it squeak and have to do it all over again.

It is a huge pain in the ass for a simple belt.

Back