Oxygen Sensor

Well, went to Advance Auto and bought the universal for $67. My boyfriend (sampson on the forums) installed it last night, and everything seems to be much better, but I'll know for sure when I drive it a little more. The check engine light is still on, so I guess I'll have to reset that once I check everything out and be sure changing the o2 sensor fixed the problem.

It's running like new! The weirdest thing happened, though: My check engine light was still on, so I was driving around to see if the car was acting better and it wasn't. For some reason, I thought, hey I need to check my tire pressure. So, I went to the Chevron where they actually have free air. (Becoming a rarity.) My front tire was low, but somehow, I overlooked the free air hose. I drove off, thinking I'll go home, get some change, and go to the station closer to the house. Well, I make a u-turn and I hear this horrible flapping noise. I'm thinking, "great..I have a flat!!" So, I pull over and take a quick walk around and none of my tires are flat. WTF?? I start to drive off and it's still doing it, so I make it into a parking lot a few feet down the road, and wait for my boyfriend to get there b/c at this point, I have no clue what's wrong. He gets there, gets on the ground, and sees that the inside tread of my tire came off. CRAP!! Well, he gets a stock wheel w/good tread and changes the tire, so I'm running three aftermarkets and one stocker....better than a donut though.

Anyway, we put air in the tires that need it, and when I get back in the car, my check engine light is off....hmmmm....it was just a strange coincidence, but strange nonetheless. Now, I'm selling my rims because I need money, so one of you can buy them! :) j/k

Thanks for all the help!!!

you'll probably have to reset your ECU for the CEL to go out

disconnect the negatvie battery terminal and hold down the brake pedal for 15-20 seconds

you'll lose all your stereo settings, so you may want to write them down

I think if you cycle the ignition a certain way the CEL might go away because the car recognized the 02 sensor working again. So you may have done this by accident (Or I could be completely misguided and be talking out of my butt hehe).

Either way glad to hear you got it taken care of.

Back