Ouch!

CX-901

i hope this doesn't happen to your beloved CX9 ....
CX9Exterior2.jpg

CX9Interior.jpg

would anyone know exactly where the CX9 ECU is located ?
i've found the Airbags Control Unit

also, would they be water-sealed units ?

did your car start up,cause i see on the second pics it's moved somewhere else.

did your car start up,cause i see on the second pics it's moved somewhere else.

no. i did not dare start the engine. i had it towed to the Dealer.
they flushed the engine ... changed filters and oils.... removed all seats and carpets .... side panels .... etc.
engine and ECU found OK.
damaged were AirBags controller and possibly one of the power seats.

are you in the Philippines? Lucky for you, your car seems salvagable. I hear there were a lot of vehicles lost in that flood.

are you in the Philippines? Lucky for you, your car seems salvagable. I hear there were a lot of vehicles lost in that flood.

YUP. . . and I consider myself lucky , still got my health ... after all it's just a car ... even though it's my dream car :)
she will be released tomorrow.

well i've driven the CX9 for more than a week now and so far so good, except for the Airbag/SeatBelt Warning Lamp that's constantly ON.
Dealer says I need to replace the Airbag Control Module.
Has anybody here replaced this module for any particular reason ?

Would like to know if this can be purchased from 3rd party resellers. The Module is made by Bosch I think.
I did try opening the module but it is surface mounted and seems too complicated. It was definitely not water-proof.

well i've driven the CX9 for more than a week now and so far so good, except for the Airbag/SeatBelt Warning Lamp that's constantly ON.
Dealer says I need to replace the Airbag Control Module.
Has anybody here replaced this module for any particular reason ?

Would like to know if this can be purchased from 3rd party resellers. The Module is made by Bosch I think.
I did try opening the module but it is surface mounted and seems too complicated. It was definitely not water-proof.

IS the car out of warranty? I think this is a known issue with the design of the power outlet in the armrest. Too much of a load can cause this to happen and Mazda has been fixing this for owners.

I believe there are TSBs for airbag light malfunction.
You may be surprised. Even if the vehicle is out of warranty, the dealer/Mazda may still take care of it. Talk nicely with your local dealers and see what they say. Sometimes, they may give you 50% off. It depends.

Hello CX-901,
Man, that photo remind me of the flood we had last year. Lucky for me, my house is on higher ground. A friend told me that possibility another typhoon coming to Phillipine soon. Hope not another flood again. Good luck with your airbag replacement from the dealer.

Back