Opinions please

M_pro_5

:
2002 Protege5
Alright everyone, I am in the market for a new motorcycle. After searching for the better part of the summer I have chosen (possibly) the Buell Lightning CityX. It is not yet released in Canada but will be soon. This is only a toy / commuter during the nice weather months (to take the strain of the Pro5). I am looking for opinions for my possible choice ( I don't like to own cookie cutter vehicles ).

here is the info spot:
http://buell.com/en_ca/products/cityx/xb9sx/index.asp

Cheers

That's a pretty bitchin' bike. I've certainly never seen a Buell on the road.. cookie cutter it isn't.

It is a nice bike, and buell's are not cookie cutter. Another great thing about them is they are made by Harley Davidson, and HD always puts the best quality into thier bikes! Go for it if you can afford it.

awsome to hear the positive feed back....The fact that buell is a harley product is acctuall how I found them, i walked into the local harley dealership looking to buy an 883 sportster and saw the buell's and forgot the 883 all together, and took a buell out, I will never doubt good ol north american engineering again (accept for cars, nothing like a euro or japaneese car). The buell shocked me when I first test rode it, smooth power delivery and low end power like my dad's soft tail, and better handling than my current CBR600F4.
The price is not too much of a worry as I have been bank rolling enough to afford a 883 sportster custom (starting about $14500 canadian), The buell at about $12500 will allow me to upgrade my gear now too.

Now I just have to wait untill the CityX comes in. (nana)

AndrewF150 said:
Another great thing about them is they are made by Harley Davidson, and HD always puts the best quality into thier bikes!
I hope your kidding. Everybody I have known that has harleys, including my neighbors, have had soo many problems with their hd's, they leak oil like crazy, and are definately not quality built when you consider other mfg's bikes. Honda makes a great bike, the 2005 vtx is killer. Im about to buy an 01 gsxr 600, but nothing wheelies like a buell. The geometry on those bikes is perfect for just popping it up and holding it, also without the weight of fairings/plastics, they are damn light also. GL on your purchase.

Both of my parents drive Harleys, and as far as I know, they haven't had any problems with them.

MazdaNeal said:
I hope your kidding. Everybody I have known that has harleys, including my neighbors, have had soo many problems with their hd's, they leak oil like crazy, and are definately not quality built when you consider other mfg's bikes. Honda makes a great bike, the 2005 vtx is killer. Im about to buy an 01 gsxr 600, but nothing wheelies like a buell. The geometry on those bikes is perfect for just popping it up and holding it, also without the weight of fairings/plastics, they are damn light also. GL on your purchase.
Those are probably Harleys from the old AMF days. Poor quality then, improving quality since the Harley buy back.

yeah, Harley qualilty picked up since AMF... my dad had an older 1200 sportster and it leaked more oil than my 86 dodge dakota. His current Softtail has never had a problem in 5 years and almost 60 000 kms.
Buell is only assembled with harley, the motor is harley derived but has many many differences from the 1200 sportster engine.

Back