Opinions! Need Some Help

CoolWhip

:
2008 Mazdspeed 3 Sport
White Speed3

I have a couple of appearance mods I want to do before I get back to power mods.

I honestly don't know where to start looking for some of the following. So if anyone has some good and reliable sites they can link me to.

Priority:

*Bronze possibly gold rims
---- I'd prefer 18" but I want something that is still relatively light. Also want some bad ass tires that are going to stick when I get on it in 1st and 2nd. Maybe someone has some good recommendations on wheels.

*Painted Brake Calipers or Slotted & Drilled Brakes
---- I'm not sure what color to paint them with a white car and bronze rims. As for the Slotted & Drilled Brakes they look so nasty on my friends RSX S.

*HID/FOGS
---- I think I want some 8000k lights but not sure if I should do the same with the fogs, anyone have pics or have done the same thing.

I might due the following still deciding ...

*Painted hood and Air ducted hood.
---- I saw a White Speed3 with two black strips painted along the hood and it looked real sick! I also want the Air ducted hood I saw on ProtegeGarage but not sure if they sell the whole hood or what ....

*DGM Front Lip
---- Carbon Fiber or Fiber Glass?

*DGM Wing Extender
---- Carbon Fiber or Fiber Glass?

Last edited:
I just ordered my gv front lip and it should be coming in soon ill let you know how i like it =]

I just ordered my gv front lip and it should be coming in soon ill let you know how i like it =]

Ooooo I'm looking at your avatar, do you have a bigger picture that you can send me :D

I want a good look at your wheels.

My opinion on DGM is that they have really nice stuff but are just way to overpriced and expensive for me. You can get the Wing extender for a lot cheaper on ebay (and yes its reputable.. unlike many other ebay things) for like 200 i think. And Id go with the GV Lip instead of the DGM.. again cheaper on ebay! Bronze wheels would look pretty sharp on a white MS3 but sorry no real recommendations there. Id wait on the drilled and slotted rotors till you have some miles racked up on the car so you can get some life out of the OEM ones. And with the HIDS/FOGS... I think Im doing HIDS in the Headlights and then getting a set of Luminics for the FOGS and see how that looks/works out. Hope that helps.

My opinion on DGM is that they have really nice stuff but are just way to overpriced and expensive for me. You can get the Wing extender for a lot cheaper on ebay (and yes its reputable.. unlike many other ebay things) for like 200 i think. And Id go with the GV Lip instead of the DGM.. again cheaper on ebay! Bronze wheels would look pretty sharp on a white MS3 but sorry no real recommendations there. Id wait on the drilled and slotted rotors till you have some miles racked up on the car so you can get some life out of the OEM ones. And with the HIDS/FOGS... I think Im doing HIDS in the Headlights and then getting a set of Luminics for the FOGS and see how that looks/works out. Hope that helps.

Thanks didn't even know there was a GV Lip (dunno)

As for the wheels I have come down to the following:

oz_ultraleggera_gd_ci3_l.jpg

btype-m.version1_bronze_solid.jpg

atype-m.version2_bronze.jpg

I'm leaning more towards the bronze then the gold.

I've never ordered rims and tires before so I'm not sure how to go about doing it.

I truly want some bad ass tires that will help me when I run.

As for the two black strips for the hood I got the idea from BlkSp33d3 here is the link :

http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showthread.php?t=123711405

Here is what I'm going for right now.

White body, with 15 % tints, blacked-out emblems, the two black strips on the hood, GV lip and carbon fiber wing extender with bronze/gold rims.

Anyone good at photoshop? lol

Last edited:
Bronze or gold Rota's :)

+1 on the rotas =] ive had 5 sets and never been disappointed. get the from wheeldude.com auesome guys =] for breaks dont paint them any color and if your going to do rotors just get slotted they look cleaner and their is no need for drilled and slotted unless its like a track only car.

I would not get drilled or slotted rotors. They do look pretty slick, but they will make your rotor much weaker. Brakes aren't really something you want to mess with just for appearance reasons. I have heard a lot of horror stories about drilled/slotted rotors falling apart under repeated heavy braking.

I think I'm in love ....

Just need to photoshop the rims gold/bronze and the calipers black with a bronze mazdaspeed decal

rbkd43026te4.th.jpg

Last edited:
Went ahead and made up my mind on the rims, going with Ultraleggera. Now I'm just trying to choose tires.

As for the brake calipers and hood I'm getting them professionally done by my friend's company, his boss drives a really nice MSP!

Anyone know where I can find a bronze/goldish looking mazdaspeed decal?

Then its on to tints and lamin-x for my taillights and headlights. And getting my emblems painted black as well.

Back