Open Downpipe Videos (Flame Action)

nice, sounds kinda like my gsr when it was turboed with no exhaust, did the car bog at all? butt dyno faster or slower? sluggish?

SpcyOrangeMSP03 said:
nice, sounds kinda like my gsr when it was turboed with no exhaust, did the car bog at all? butt dyno faster or slower? sluggish?

Didn't bog. It is definitely faster with just open DP.

I installed one of the flaethrower kits from autolock on a buddys eclipse and it looked great. Very simple instal, good end results. Now did it do anything for performance, nope, but it looked cool when we'd go to the track and he'd light up the fence behind the waterbox. Scared the crap out of the mustang next to him. Also, don't try to hit the flame when spraying nitrous. Just a word of warning.

Turbo Matty P said:
I installed one of the flaethrower kits from autolock on a buddys eclipse and it looked great. Very simple instal, good end results. Now did it do anything for performance, nope, but it looked cool when we'd go to the track and he'd light up the fence behind the waterbox. Scared the crap out of the mustang next to him. Also, don't try to hit the flame when spraying nitrous. Just a word of warning.

Um, ok. :)

These are just "natural" backfires.

natural backfires aren't impressive either. It doens't matter if they're man-made (flamethrower) or natural (hot exhaust) It doesn't mean you have a fast car, just run overly rich. I just prefer the man-made flames because they actually look impressive. All I saw in that video was a little puff...This kid was shooting 10' of fire out the back of an eclipse. What would you rather see?

No prob. I stole it from someone else so I can't take the credit! I think everyone on this forum should use it. Mazda does snoop here lookng for people to incriminate themselves. the bastards

10', that sounds a bit exhagerated...ive seen those installed and they only shoot 1-2 feet , acctualy saw one installed on a car tv show forget which one but it wasnt anything great, ive seen rx7's throw bigger flames

Turbo Matty P said:
natural backfires aren't impressive either. It doens't matter if they're man-made (flamethrower) or natural (hot exhaust) It doesn't mean you have a fast car, just run overly rich.

Uhhh... I never said the backfires were impressive or pretended to think it was because the car was fast. :p My car is still slow, just sounds funny. We didn't make it open DP to shoot flames... just a product of an unfinished exhaust.

yeah, my old rx-7 liked to pop flames :) I remember the night we put on my exhaust (no cats), we were going to a movie and I redlined second and let off at redline...POW!

~brian

Back