Online car audio retailer review

1sty

Contributor
:
2006 Toyota Tundra DC
With most of the audio shops around me closed its pretty much one in shop store or online retail. I figured you all might have the same issues. Often reading online reviews of vendors can be sketchy looking so lets have some board members sound off on their buying experiences.

Did it go good, bad, really bad?
Post it here

Crutchfield -- Always great experience, prices are good, and customer service is top notch. i always check their site before buying anywhere else.

Parts Express -- I make several orders from this place a year. Whether it is speakers, cables, or just nuts, bolts, and connectors, everything comes very quickly (usually 1-2 days for standard shipping) and I have yet to return anything.

Madisound -- Great place to pick up speakers for your home or car (if you plan to build your own crossover network or run active). I have ordered from them a few times and haven't had any trouble.

LPGear -- Not for car audio but I recently picked up a new turntable and pre-amp from them. They price matched from another site and had everything to me very quickly. If you are looking to revive your old turntable with a new cartridge they get my recommendation.

Last edited:
Parts Express -- I make several orders from this place a year. Whether it is speakers, cables, or just nuts, bolts, and connectors, everything comes very quickly (usually 1-2 days for standard shipping) and I have yet to return anything.

Fixed link.

And thanks for the info, my brother just bought a 2006 300c, he wants subs so I need to get refreshed on available equipment so I can get his a good deal.

When did Crutchfield start carrying JL W7's?

I thought JL was against online retail. must... save... pennies... for the 13..W..7

I thought JL was against online retail. must... save... pennies... for the 13..W..7
They finally caved and teamed up with Crutchfield. It was for the best, as there is practically no place to buy car audio equipment anymore besides Best Buy.

Because JL lost the nations largest retailer of JL gear which was the Tweeter group.

Also I think JL is a decent fit with crutchfield as they have by far the most support personnel of any online retailer and they only sell at MAP.

Hi antoine,

How are you doing ? Ive looked everywhere and cannot see how to create a POST or a thread ?

Can you point me in the right direction please ?

Thanks,

Aidan

Back