OMG! Power Windows not working! READ THIS BEFORE POSTING!

Made an account just to say thank you for this. Worked like a charm. Where do they come up with ideas like this. *sigh* Next thing I know they'll start putting exhaust gas recirculation devices on cars. Oh wait... They already did that too!

ok, just purchased a used MS6, the battery died during transport. My question you you guys, before you reset the windows, does the driver side window swtiches have power to them so that the 3 lil dots light up? Or do they light up after you have reseted the 3 other windows?

Because I'll try this over and over, and I can hear my other three windows click which means they have ressted. but the driver side is still NOT functioning.

The lights go on and off when the window lockout button is turned on for a what I know.

For those with automatic windows in the back, you reset the system by opening fully the back window using the back window switch, hold the switch down for a couple of seconds after the window fully lowers, then hold the switch up till the window fully closes and continue to hold the switch up for a couple of seconds after the window closes. You should then be able to operate the rear windows from the drivers switch.

Wow thanks for this

Can't thankyou enough for fixing this for me - my so called mechanic Said I needed 2 new switches + labour was looking at 200ish-time for a new mechanic me thinks..
Thanks again...

sorry to bring this from the dead but i have a slightly different problem. all of a sudden this morning my rear driver side door started acting crazy thought it was the auto feature but couldnt get it to roll all the way up. it seems like the anti-pinch feature is actuating. when i tried to roll it up it would move up an inch or 2 then go back down. if i pulled up on the window while someone pressed up on the window i could get it back up. even when i roll it down it seems kinda notchy. as im typing this im thinking maybe its slightly off track or the track needs to be greased/lubed. i disconnected motor so it doesnt get rolled down on accident. when i have the time, ill take that inner panel off to look at the track. just dont see how this just randomly happens outta no where. and has anyone had a similar problem?

I love internet forums

was just browsing looking at stereo questions and found this, I love you.

I called the dealership and explained to them what was happening they said it wasn't on the warranty. Thanks for saving me the hassle and time.

I have just followed the same instructions (wind each window down a bit and then up, hold until you hear a click) for all 4 Windows and the sunroof and it has cleared the problem. If any of your friends or family or especially your wife had suggested it you would assume they were a nut case!!!! I followed a similarly mad instruction to clear a flashing warning light which involved a bit of wire and some throttle pumping. That too worked!! Bloody amazing. Thanks so much

hello, new guy. i just bought a 2008 cx7, love it but after i had it a week all of the power windows stopped working. all of the switches on every door are dead. I found two fuses in the engine bay fuse box and one in the inside fuse box and they are all good. i can't do the reset procedure posted here because none of the windows function.
any ideas?

Back