Oil Level Issue

:
Mazda CX-5 2.2d SEL
There seems to be a great deal of concern and anger in Australia at the moment over the issue of rising oil levels and very premature oil changes. I'm sure our Australian friends are not making these things up nor would I think that they are panicking without good reason. The thing that puzzles me about this issue is that so far it seems to be an Australian one. Or has any owner here in Europe started to have problems?

Last edited:
I know few people in Austria having this issue. Quite annoying and definitely doesn't inspire confidence. If I want to be negative, I would say there's a lot of small but rather irritating issues with CX-5 (mirror vibration, hood vibration, creaks and squeaks here and there, SW bugs....). Like with every new tech/model there are initial "child diseases".

back to oil level - it's still a mystery. I don't think it can be due to "faulty dipstick reading/position" only, as Mazda indicated. More like it's combo of diesel quality, driving style, DPF filter regeneration....

Except for mirror vibration, I don't have other issues (yet), oil level is close to MAX, 7,100 km so far.

As I said with every new tech (and Skyactiv is rather major overhaul for Mazda) there are initial quirks... Some friends of mine never buy new model but its refresh/redesign due to above reasons.

Cheers,
Miki

Last edited:
As I am new to this site can people please help with this comment on oil issue as I have just brought cx5 diesel and have to wait till December for delevery as am keen to have it I'm also concerned bout this oil problem I am in Australia too and not sure if I should cancel my new car any comments would be great thanks Greg

Back