Official Thread: 41st Tokyo Motor Show 2009

Alpina B7 Long Wheelbase

The Alpina B7 Bi-Turbo long wheelbase revealed at the Tokyo Motor ShowAlpina B7 we saw at Geneva except length, but isn't that enough? The double-turbo'd 4.4-liter V8 brings 507 romping horsepower and 516 lb-ft. of torque all of which is enough to get the white whale to sixty in 4.8 seconds.

Alpina's custom 21-inchers support an interior package touched up with the tuner's logo throughout. Our only cause for pause: the much larger steering wheel; the smaller diameter unit in the regular BMW helps to make the execu-barge a hoot to throw around a track.
today doesn't add anything to the less well-endowed

2010 Lotus Exige Scura & Exige Stealth

Lotus has unveiled the latest special edition of its maximum performance, minimum everything else Exige today at the Tokyo Motor Show. We took a moment to check out the Exige Stealth (known as the Scura in Europe) on the show floor and managed to curry some time with Lotus vehicle development director Roger Becker.

The new model gains a set of comely forged alloy wheels, but the big news with the car is the unique paint. We asked Becker about the Stealth and its special finish, and as it turns out, this is more than just a basic matte paint. Lotus has been experimenting for several years with matte finishes but was never satisfied with the results. The problem as anyone who has ever done body repairs and worked on primer-finished cars can tell you is that matte surfaces really show marks and stone chips. Lotus wanted something more durable before putting the car into production.

To create the Exige seen here, the entire car has to be sprayed in the base gloss coat seen on the central stripes. The stripe area was then masked off and the rest of the body abraded in order to get a surface that the matte paint will grip to. Finally, a newly formulated rubberized matte paint is applied. When you touch the car, the surface actually feels soft, and according to Becker, it is four- to five-times more resistant to marking and peeling than other finishes.

Just 35 examples are planned, so get your deposit in now.

[autoblog]

Subaru Legacy B4 GT300

Our jaws literally dropped when we spotted this car in the Subaru booth here at the Tokyo Motor Show. The concoction of carbon fiber spoilers, wings and widened fenders seen here is the Legacy B4 GT300 racecar that is set to compete in Japan's Super GT series next year. The car actually made its racing debut at Fuji Speedway last month, and even though previous driveline problems prevented this racer from making an even earlier debut, the B4 GT300 managed 300 trouble-free kilometers to finish a respectable 18th place.

As for specs, the Legacy B4 GT300 features a 2.0-liter turbocharged boxer-four that pumps out more than 300 horsepower. With all-wheel drive, a six-speed sequential transmission, and a curb weight of just over 2800 pounds, we imagine it's an absolute blast to pilot around the track.

legacyb4gt300_lead.jpg

<object width="580" height="360"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/uzknSqPir6I&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x2b405b&color2=0x6b8ab6&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/uzknSqPir6I&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x2b405b&color2=0x6b8ab6&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="580" height="360"></embed></object>​

remove that wing (which i know is useful in racing) and that subaru is pure sex, rivals one of my favs of al time, the M3 GTR

anyways, that alpina just made sure i wouldnt need sex from my fiance for months...(tmi? i think not for that car)

Back