Official MAZDASPEED3 Specs: 247hp/280tq!!!

I drove the 6 when it came out and it is too big and ponderous for me. I love my MP3. I've said it before: it handles like my old BMW 1600 - a little underpowered but just think about where you want to go and it goes. I like the idea of more power in the Mazdaspeed 3. Too bad they had to put in that damn station wagon body. The Volvo (built on the same chassis) looks better.

Matrix said:
Then they should call it something else. Nobody thought people would pay $35,000+ for a V6 Golf with AWD, so they just called it an R32. I could go out right now and buy a used Golf VR6, pop in the HTTA aftermarket AWD system and have an R32 for less than $20k. HTTA also makes a TT setup for the VR6.

If Ford brought over the high-performance Focuses from Europe, they could just rename them for intro in the states. Like "Ford Cosworth Special" or some SVT model. It's all in the marketing.

I agree. But Ford has stated that they don't. And, frankly, with how clueless Ford has been lately (lately?), they would screw it up. I'm not sure Mazda could pull off a $30,000+ Mazdaspeed3, either. Mazda just hasn't played in that area; VW has.

Chibana said:
I agree. But Ford has stated that they don't. And, frankly, with how clueless Ford has been lately (lately?), they would screw it up. I'm not sure Mazda could pull off a $30,000+ Mazdaspeed3, either. Mazda just hasn't played in that area; VW has.

Yeah, that's true. (deadhorse

Hey, is there an R version of the Volvo S40?
I've seen the Volvo S60R, and it's a 300hp AWD monster.

Matrix said:
Yeah, that's true. (deadhorse

Hey, is there an R version of the Volvo S40?
I've seen the Volvo S60R, and it's a 300hp AWD monster.

don't know if it's called S40R, but the s40 offers a 5 cylinder turbo as an option that has like 225hp with AWD and 6 speed manual.....

That Volvo is the S40 T5, and it makes 218 hp. It's not all that fast, however, because it weighs much more than the Mazda3. There is no R version of the S40 yet, and I've read nothing in any of the car magazines or automotive news sources. That doesn't mean it's not in the works, though.

Last edited:
someone needs to photoshop these wheels onto the MS3
03_l.jpg

And already scalemodels available in limited quantity

At this moment I need to follow the Authorized Vendor rules! These are limited to 500 pcs worldwide and it's LHD. It's manufactured by Autoart and it is very detailled

Attachments

• MPS3.jpg
    MPS3.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 126
valos said:
At this moment I have some scale models available from this car. These are limited to 500 pcs worldwide and it's LHD. It's manufactured by Autoart and it is very detailled

if you're selling...gotta follow the rules!!!!

Scale models

bazooka joe said:
if you're selling...gotta follow the rules!!!!

I will do that for sure, thanks.

Is it possible to put up a link to my website.
The case is that I am a Mazda Miniature collector and I have a website dedicated to it.

Greets, Geert-Jan

nvmsp said:
If it's automatic, is this like the only automatic turbo car ever or recently?

I don't think I've seen a production car thats turboed and auto.

My sister had a Chrysler Piece of Crap years ago that had a auto with a turbocharger. I don't remember what model it was...not a neon it was befor they camo out.

Antoine said:
The Mazda3 MPS (Euro version of the MS3) specs have officially been released!

* Click on the pic for more info!

The Mazda3 MPS is outfitted with Mazdas 2.3-litre DISI Turbo petrol engine
in a front engine, front-wheel drive (FWD) layout that produces more than
184 kW/250 PS at 5,500 rpm and maximum torque of 380 Nm at 3,000 rpm.​

+​

Six-Speed Manual Transmission and FWD

These are the converted euro specs for us "Americans". Thanks to Rogue Pro5.​

power: ~184kW (250ps) @ 5500rpm (EEC net)
power: ~247hp @ 5500rpm
torque: 380Nm @ 3000rpm (EEC net)
torque: 280 ft/lb @ 3000rpm
fuel requirement: 98RON (93[R+M]/2)
fuel requirement: premium unleaded
fuel consumption: 9.7l/100km (ECE)
fuel consuption: ~24mpg
emissions compliancy: EuroIV
0-100km/h: 6.1s
0-62mph: 6.1s
50-100km/h (in 3rd gear): 4.2s
31-62mph (in 3rd gear): 4.2s
80-120km/h (in 5th gear): 5.4s
50-75mph (in 5th gear) 5.4s
spring rates:
(front): 33N/mm
(front): 188lb/in
(rear): 30N/mm
(rear): 171lb/in
stabilizer sizes:
(front): 26mm
(front): 1.02 in.
(rear): 25mm
(reaf): .98 in.

Chassis rigidity has been upgraded, and suspension has been upgraded to have 60% increase in body roll stiffness.... flared front fenders are used (20mm wider than non-MPS models)... speedometer range has been increased to 174mph (versus 143mph on non-MPS models) but vehicle speed is ECU limited to 155mph... front disc brake size has been increased to 12.6 in. (11.8 in. for non-MPS "sport" model, 10.9 in. for others)​

Look to MZSPD3.com for the latest MS3 specs, info and discussion!​

(drive)​
nice 3

Not sure if someone posted this already...but I thought I'd mention that the MS3 or MPS (as it's known in Europe) was mentioned on the latest episode of "Fifth Gear" and they seemed pretty jazzed about it...which is saying something since Europe...especially England knows a thing or two about "hot hatches"...I think we're going to see a lot of excitement from the press about this little monster...;)

Antoine said:
Not sure if someone posted this already...but I thought I'd mention that the MS3 or MPS (as it's known in Europe) was mentioned on the latest episode of "Fifth Gear" and they seemed pretty jazzed about it...which is saying something since Europe...especially England knows a thing or two about "hot hatches"...I think we're going to see a lot of excitement from the press about this little monster...;)

I def agree it is a sweet looking ride! I am thinking about trading my 3 in for the Mazdaspeed3 when it is available......ty for the complimant...I love it but wow that Mazdaspeed3 is hot...lol

new to forums and mazdas

hey whats up everybody, i just bought a 1999 protege es 1.8, does anyone know where i can find a good computer chip for it?

Back