OBX Turbo header manifold

I have heard bad! Lots of cracking. No personal experience, but you get what you pay for.

I finally found a thread on this Mani. I won't buy it, thnx for the info tho guys

It would be nice to get a mani for $185.00 as opposed to $795. But quality is what counts.

rx7 owners used to complain of thier turbo manifolds cracking but i have had very few complaints of N/A protege headers doing so. nonetheless, i am straying away from carrying any new obx stock because of issues i have had with them in the past.

i am going to put a Garrett GT28 on will that fit the MSP header bolt design?

The GT28 is the 5 bolt T25 style. is that the same for the MSP mani? Thnx Jeph, but jsut making sure before i buy one, and how hard would it be to use an external wastgate on this mani?

also anyone have any pics of the stock MSP mani?

what kinda Jerry rigging?

It will bolt up to the manifold no problem, but the rigging would have to be to make the internal wastegate work. If you want to use an external one, i'd go buy a log style manifold from hi boost.

well, I am going to have one custom made by the local tuner shop, but i would like to see of i can get somthing else that could save me some $$.

They where thinking about $250 for log style or $450-600 for fancy stuff, and this guy is a master fabricator so the quality is excellent.

I would like non-log style if i can.

Be sure to pay attention to where you locate the external wastegate. The OBX one is poorly designed because it will put a lot of pressure on the manifold, and is located on a single runner.
A log manifold will probably last you longer than a "fancy" one, but if the weld quality is really good, then go for it.
On a side note, you probably won't be pushing enough boost through a gt28 to require an external wastegate. To simplify things, i'd just use the internal one.

tang said:
well, I am going to have one custom made by the local tuner shop, but i would like to see of i can get somthing else that could save me some $$.

They where thinking about $250 for log style or $450-600 for fancy stuff, and this guy is a master fabricator so the quality is excellent.

I would like non-log style if i can.

Our 4 into 1 manifold will fit your car and it can be shipped with or without the wategate port.

Price is $389.00 and carries a lifetime warranty.

HiBoost TS said:
Our 4 into 1 manifold will fit your car and it can be shipped with or without the wategate port.

Price is $389.00 and carries a lifetime warranty.

an excellent solution indeed

Back