OBD port linking error

18sOnAiR

:
03.5 MSP
Need help car tries to start but nothing, 2 Previous codes radom multiple misfire and intake manifold valve?
P3000 and P0660 ( i think) basically VICS solinoid.. Car was Ilding rough and just cut out.Car has just hit 100k miles.

NEW timing belt (triple checked timing its good)
new crankshaft sensor
new camshaft sensor
new plugs
new coils
swaped ECU
and main relay
also bypassed unichip completely and plug ECU to stock harness

Hook up to OBD port and nothing with blue tooth adapter / torque and with OBD handheld scanner nothing like its not redaing computer at all both give error that computer isnt responding/ linking error. Tries to crank but nothing.

I need help please.
Thanks in advance

Last edited:
Problem Solved

10amp room fuse needed to be replaced inside cabin fuse box. Car starts OBD establishing link.
2 codes will still be there engine is misfiring still. Need new harness or if anybody can tell me where I can get NEW connectors for coilpacks?
Already replaced with used from junkyard their not holding up at all.

Convert to the 1.8 coilpack, maybe?

if he's talking about the gray connector that plugs into the coilpack, converting to the 1.8's wouldn't solve anything since you still use the same connector, just relocating them.

Your "not starting" can't possibly be related to your Torque app not connecting to the your PCM unless your PCM is toast. This is about as rare as a polar bear in Phoenix, so let's start ruling things out.

Try any of the other number of free apps to use your bluetooth connector, or use a Windows Laptop to connect to the ELM327 adapter. Make sure that didn't die. Let's face it, it is simple hardware but it was soldered in China by someone who was growing rice last year and has never seen the internet.

It wouldn't be a bad idea to head over to harbor freight and pick up a bad Centech to just make sure your OBDII info is still alive on the bus. You can just walk back in and return it because their return policy is even better than Wal-Mart's.

There are tons of reasons why a car wouldn't start. We can make a list and start with the simplest. Occam's Razor is a live and well with the MSP.

Your "not starting" can't possibly be related to your Torque app not connecting to the your PCM unless your PCM is toast. This is about as rare as a polar bear in Phoenix, so let's start ruling things out.

Try any of the other number of free apps to use your bluetooth connector, or use a Windows Laptop to connect to the ELM327 adapter. Make sure that didn't die. Let's face it, it is simple hardware but it was soldered in China by someone who was growing rice last year and has never seen the internet.

It wouldn't be a bad idea to head over to harbor freight and pick up a bad Centech to just make sure your OBDII info is still alive on the bus. You can just walk back in and return it because their return policy is even better than Wal-Mart's.

There are tons of reasons why a car wouldn't start. We can make a list and start with the simplest. Occam's Razor is a live and well with the MSP.

If you read, say, three or four posts up, you will clearly see where his issue was with the cabin fuse which is the circuit the data link connector is in.

Weird, I actually wrote that the day he opened the thread. I must have not submitted it and just kept the tab open and randomly submitted it last week. Glad it was something simple.

Back