OBD issuses

Redcallen

:
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT
Last week I went to get my emissions tested on my car. The guy connected my OBD to his computer to check my monitors, and 4 of them were not ready. The EGR, H02sensor, EVAP, and the catalyst. I put about 100 miles on my car and took it back and the same thing, still not ready. Has anybody else run in to this problem??? Any Ideas??

MODS: Injen CAI, SLS J-Midpipe(no cat but used non fouler trick, never got a CEL)

Try resetting the ECU, I have gotten the "not ready" signal a few times on the Mustang, every single time an ECU reset solved the issue.

I reset it this morning haven't been able to go by advance auto to scan to see if the monitors are back up. will update later today.

If that doesn't work... idk waht you would do besides get someone good with electronics to see if theres a short in the system that keeps reseting the ECU.

I went to advance auto today and scanned to see if the monitors were "ready", and same result there still not. Is there anything else anyone can suggest? If not I guess I'll be going to the dealership.(sad2)

Yeah, you should quit resetting it. The ECU runs particular diagnostic tests under specific driving conditions. Sometimes it takes time before it gets a chance to run all these tests. Every time you reset the ECU, it starts over. You probably just needed to drive it a bit more.
Though I have been tested after ~100 miles and passed.

Back