Number 3 motor mount broken

Dealership said number 3 motor mount is broken. I'm assuming they are referring to the passenger side mount as it appears to have leaked out fluid and there is a TSB. Of course I'm out of warranty and they want $132 for the part and $108 to install it.

I'm going to do the work myself but does anyone know if there's a difference between the $55 mount on rockauto and the $132 mount at the dealer? This dealer tends to have high prices so it might be available cheaper elsewhere.

Did you take it to the dealer for this issue? Did they show you the leak, or is it from your own investigating?

If you've confirmed the failure of the mount, I would go with the cheaper one as the dealer will probably not provide you a better warranty than the Beck/Arnley one from RockAuto, but you could always confirm. Dealer part price is 2x the cost. Is it easily accessible, I've never looked at ours?

Dealership said number 3 motor mount is broken. I'm assuming they are referring to the passenger side mount as it appears to have leaked out fluid and there is a TSB. Of course I'm out of warranty and they want $132 for the part and $108 to install it.

I'm going to do the work myself but does anyone know if there's a difference between the $55 mount on rockauto and the $132 mount at the dealer? This dealer tends to have high prices so it might be available cheaper elsewhere.

I replaced all 3 motor mounts in my Mz3, which is the same as the Mz5, and I ordered the ones from RockAuto 1st, and had to return 'em as you have to recycle the oem metal frame by installing the rubber bushings into the oem metal frame for the PS & DS mounts. I didn't feel like that would be a good idea even tho the metal frame is still usable, I just got some from Montgomery Mazda in Charlotte I think. Prices were reasonable anyway and there are a couple good how-to's on the Mz3 forums. take your time, read the how to several times and it will take a couple hours to do all three. If just doing the PS mount, takes longer to get the tools together than to actually change the mount.

b83d0380.jpg

You can see the black streaks on the passenger side rail. jimp thank you for telling me that. I've been burned out on replacing rubber bushings like that since installing Energy Suspension kits on cars. I really appreciate the info, I'll look into finding a Mazda dealership that gives a discount on parts. All of my local dealerships in Southern California really jack up the prices.

pretty sure I got mine from Montgomery Madza, there are a couple dealers that are approved vendors so look here 1st, and make sure you ask for the mazda247 discount. They are not cheap, but you get mazda parts at a reasonable (?) price anyways.

I'll check that out. I found it at partsformymazda.com for $78. List price on the part is $111 and my dealer wanted to charge me $132 for the part! That's just ridiculously greedy to have a 100% parts price markup over wholesale. I'll check out the supporting vendors since it's always good to help out the forum.

Replaced my mount the other day. I ordered from the Mazda dealership in Albuquerque that gives an online discount and the price was about $75. Retail is $110 and my local dealership wanted $132!

In addition to looking for the black oil leaked out under the mount you may have the problem I demonstrate in the video below. If the center is popped up it's toasted.

The new mount looks like this photo.

c89c9f84.jpg

It took 30 minutes to change including the time to remove the belly pan and get my jack arranged.

congrats, now go for the DS mount, not near as much fun, you have to remove the battery, battery box/mount and something else I think just to get to the mount.

Does the driver's side mount leak out fluid like the passenger's side? I have noticed some vibration lately and I'm wondering if it's the driver's side that's gone out now.

I'm not sure, I just replaced all 3 of 'em while I was at it. Surf around on the mz3 board, and you may find the answer since they are the same parts.

Back