NRG Grounding Wire System, should i bother?

Kladuscan

Well its 2 am and im bored, so i went snooping around and ran across some grounding kits...i know the NRG Grounding Wire System isn't the cheapest, but this thread isnt about price...what I want to know is is it even worth doing, and will I see any improvements in anything? I know BoostedSpd6 got a very helpful How To on the Flex Innovations Grounding Kit, but did anyone install the NRG on their 6/Speed6?

I could see how something like this could help audio clarity and reduce noise.

It wouldn't do a damn thing toward engine performance in a digital electronic system like our cars have. They are using the same logic BestBuy uses to try and sell you a $100 shielded HDMI cable for your TV when a $4 from Amazon.com will produce identical results.

If your car was suffering from poor ground to begin with, this would help. But so would anything made of metal grounding the frame to the engine. Like a few dollars worth of low guage wire.

I could see how something like this could help audio clarity and reduce noise.

It wouldn't do a damn thing toward engine performance in a digital electronic system like our cars have. They are using the same logic BestBuy uses to try and sell you a $100 shielded HDMI cable for your TV when a $4 from Amazon.com will produce identical results.

If your car was suffering from poor ground to begin with, this would help. But so would anything made of metal grounding the frame to the engine. Like a few dollars worth of low guage wire.

Mostly correct.

Yes, the NRG grounding system is overpriced. But grounding kits (grounding points chosen correctly) can do more than simply audio clarity. Read the bottom of Boostedspeed6 how-to for notes he had gathered about what they have helped for more details (http://mazdas247.com/vbb222/showthread.php?t=123778757)... a reasonably cheap priced and quality kit like the Flex Innovations kit however is well worth the money for what it does.

I have been hosting the flex inno group buy for a few months now...any MS6/MZ6 owners that want a Flex Inno kit, you can get it through this GB that boostedspeed6 also got his from here:
http://6crew.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13122

I stand by what I said: waste of money.

And I can back that up with years of formal education and professional experience engineering digital electric circuits. You could do the same thing with baling wire, or anything else conductive for that matter.

Last edited:
I stand by what I said: waste of money.

And I can back that up with years of formal education and professional experience engineering digital electric circuits. You could do the same thing with baling wire, or anything else conductive for that matter.

as i also said, the NRG is way overpriced so i agree its a waste of money.
i simply suggested the Flex Inno kit as it is way more inexpensive, quality put together wiring for a finished feel.

I know that any conductive wire can do the same thing, but if someone doesnt have any electrical know-how at all and doesnt want some fugly ass stereo wire hangin around their engine bay, flex inno is an option. just sayin. :D

Back