Not to be Rude or Anything...

But WTF is the deal with most people on this board hating on hondas??? Hell i used to drive a civic hatch and God Damn that car was fun and had super amounts of potential. Plus on top of that you can get virtually any part you want for them from at least 4 companies (which goes with out saying for other kinds of cars :)) Plus there is alot of Very Fast ones and ones that Handle rad. Comments?

i dunno i personally like hondas, cause of what you can do with them, i dunno why people dont like them....(scratch)

i used to own a honda civic and i loved that car. too bad it got totaled. i miss that car sooo much but i got to get the MP5 in its place and the only thing i regret is that the MP5 seems to lack in power.

I've also got a Honda. Its a '93 Civic EX, with tons of stuff done to it. My best time at the track was a 15.3, which is good for a Civic,but the MSP does that stock...I've still got it for now, but unless I can figure out how to keep both of my cars, I'm gonna have to let one of them go. It's not gonna be a hard decision : )

i used to have a pretty moded 2000 si.

had a integra 1.8 gsr motor...intake/heder/exh/tb/Inate manifold/vafc/ecu upgrade....yadda yadda...best time ran 14.4 all motor 8600 rpm and all....in the quarter.

only sold the car cuz i beleive drivetrain was cursed. had 3 diffrent motors...3 diffrent trans. numerous other parts replaced i can give a list of a few pages long. thing was never hit..but a money pit that i believed was cursed. yea it was beat on..but still....heh. i miss my honda. :(

I have a 91 Civic HB. It is kind of my daily beater, project to be though. I have a JDM ZC motor and a SOHC VTEC motor sitting my garage, gonna go hybrid sooner or later. Also have a coil-over kit and strut bar waiting to be installed. Only thing I have done is put my short shifter in and change the steering wheel. UPS tried to deliver an OBX catback for it today, exhaust rotted out, so I figured WTF, hehe. I love this little car, but I just spend too much money on my 240 and the wife's P5, not to mention the fact that my truck needs tires. Uh oh, starting to ramble, guess I better go.

peace
Griff

I still own 2 hondas out of 4 through out my driving life.
The best thing about honda is the amount of aftermarket support for it. Anything and virtually everything is available. They are fun that way but I just think Hondas are too played out. Everythings already been done. that to me is no fun. JDM was cool for a while but again.. now its played out. As far as handling, i never thought Hondas handled very well. Maybe im just spoiled due my previously owning 2 miatas? Not sure but the handling never did it for me in a honda. Maybe it was just the front wheel drive? Ive never been a big fan of front wheelers. The MSP is the fist that ive actually enjoyed.
Also another thing i dont care for about hondas is that every new jack in town has to have one. They buy the loudest muffler they can find and try race everone the meet. Owning a Honda and being a street racer are just "cool". I duno, maybe im just getting old.

2K3 Mazdaspeed said:
I've also got a Honda. Its a '93 Civic EX, with tons of stuff done to it. My best time at the track was a 15.3, which is good for a Civic,but the MSP does that stock...I've still got it for now, but unless I can figure out how to keep both of my cars, I'm gonna have to let one of them go. It's not gonna be a hard decision : )

Im just curious as to what your mods were on your civic. I had a '94 civic ex and had 3 things done to it and i was killing mustang 5.0's even beat a couple Z28's, but i never took it to the track :(

The only problems I have with them is that there are a lot of them. When there are a lot of them it means there is also a coresponding percentage of them that are ricey obnoxious and loud. This is worstened by the fact I live in a college town where approximately 50% of the cars here are acuras and hondas. I also don't like how you have to rev them so high to get the power out of them and essentially cutting out the power for daily driving applications

melicha8 said:
The only problems I have with them is that there are a lot of them. When there are a lot of them it means there is also a coresponding percentage of them that are ricey obnoxious and loud. This is worstened by the fact I live in a college town where approximately 50% of the cars here are acuras and hondas. I also don't like how you have to rev them so high to get the power out of them and essentially cutting out the power for daily driving applications

Im just curious as to what Hondas you are reffering to as to having to rev them up so high to get power. From my experience the only hondas i felt that didnt have any power until u hit the higher rpm band were the SOHC VTEC d16 which still didnt have all that much power, also the DOHC B16 i dont think has that much power till around 5k rpms when vtec kicks in. But the B18 which is the ls has power all the time as well as the H23 which is from a 92-96 prelude. The H22 (97-01 prelude) has power in low rpms as well and really starts to pull hard when u hit 5200 and VTEC kicks in. I will also assume the same with the S2000 although i havnt riden in one yet. But i mean i have also never ridden in a MSP :( or a MP3 :( for that matter im only comparing to my MP5

My '93 Civic had an AEM CAI, DC header, GReddy Catback, MSD wires, ACT clutch, Web-Cam Inc. cam, Tsunami cam gear, Dinan ECU, Short shifter, Field SFC-Vtec controller, and Ground Control coilovers. This is just the stuff that had something to do with engine/drag race mods...I knocked off half a second by adding the name brand intake/header/exhaust versus just the short ram and my old rear section muffler.

Re: added a pic :)

White 6s said:
damn i miss this car

i miss mine as well :( I also have pics of what it looks like after the accident if anyone would like to see those as well.

Attachments

• angleshot.jpg
    angleshot.jpg
    173.8 KB · Views: 187
i dont think anyone hates hondas, they just like to say they hate em

ill be the first one in a discussion about imports to throw out a catch phrase like "just another civic with a coffee can on it..." but i like honda as a brand and have seen TONS of civics i absolutely love, not to mention my love for the last gen lude and even the 98-02??? gen of accord. I also drooled over the white accord type R that SCC drove in italy in one issue. awesome rides, and ill be the first to admit that they will outlive our mazdas like clockwork.

but still, its fun to say

mind you it isnt the "Well modded" civics that have earned honda this love to hate type of sentiment throughout the import community, it is the kid in HS who gets a civic as his first car cuz it is reliable, cheap, cheap to insure, etc etc. And then decides on his limited budget he is gonna get fast and furious in one clean swoop. The kid who has his stock ex and goes out and gets a huge aluminum wing on the back, an exhaust to make him loud, and then drives around town with the body kit he bought but cant afford to have painted just yet. Im not saying high school kids who mod cars are jackasses or anything like that but lets be honest, a little japanese sedan that still isnt really that fast, driving around town making a big racket and revving their engine like they are an indy car, that has a huge aluminum wing and a different color body kit on it is a pretty funny sight. The only reason honda owners are the ones that get this image stuck to them is because the honda tuning community is so huge that the number of these funny looking cars is a lot bigger than the number of funny looking say proteges......

Although i must say honda owners, I think saturn is giving you a run for your money. I have seen several saturns with big aluminum wings and various percentages of a body kit dangling off of them cruising around town. and I have yet to see a well modified one so their funny looking cars to nice looking cars ratio is soon going to eclipse that of the honda community
:)

slug420 said:
Although i must say honda owners, I think saturn is giving you a run for your money. I have seen several saturns with big aluminum wings and various percentages of a body kit dangling off of them cruising around town. and I have yet to see a well modified one so their funny looking cars to nice looking cars ratio is soon going to eclipse that of the honda community
:)

There are a lot of those Saturn's around here too. There is one that I see a lot when I go to Sharks games downtown, bone stock, kind of beat up, Saturn sedan with a big ass aluminum wing on the back of it. pretty funny stuff.

I don't really hate Honda's either. One of my best friends has a Civic SI (like the black one in this thread) and it's pretty tight. I just like driving something that's different and there aren't a zillion of them on the road.

I think as has been brought up, it's just kind of a reputation they (honda folks) get from kids slapping the ricey, buzzy muffelers, unpainted body kits, etc... on them and driving without any regard to the others on the road. I had a guy in a dropped older civic hatch cut me off hard and then take off tonight, with what looked like a stock exhaust and cats removed(I am guessing this from sound and smell, it was bad). Stuff like this just serves to reinforce the stereotype, although that doesn't mean there aren't some nice Honda's out there, just a larger ratio of ricey/poorly taste mods, to really nice ones etc... I'll admit I have admired my fair share of nice civics done in really good taste, they are out there.

Honda's are fine. Honda dealers are assholes. They act like their selling ******* Rolls Royces. Arrogant Bastards!

And since were on the subject; Toyota dealers are about the same way, not to mention, overpriced. and Toyotas are generally cookie cutter, and boring. Saturns? Generally just a boring car (yeah! another boring car from GM - go figure). Nissan? If I were spending $35,000, instead of the $20,500, I did spend, there would be a 350Z Track edition in my garage instead of a MAZDASPEED.

(chair)

**** 'em! I Love My MAZDASPEED!!!!!!! (k)

Questions? Anyone, anyone? ...Bueller?

Last edited:
Re: Re: Not to be Rude or Anything...

AGR#7 said:
Honda's are fine. Honda dealers are assholes. They act like their selling ******* Rolls Royces. Aroggant Bastards!

i've bought two hondas new from diffrent dealerships. had zero problems. felt i was treated right.

now mazda dealerships on the other hand. they were trying to force a car down my throat.

wanted 1000 deposit when i told them i'd leave a check that same day but all i had was 500 for a deposit on a msp.

offered me 12,500 cuz they liked the car for a trade. went in to buy a car (the 6) and offered me bluebook 9500...asked where the other 3 grand went they didn't have an answer. twisted their arm (really had to fight) and got 11,100 for the car. just my experiences tho. went to 5 diffrent mazda's when looking for an msp. outcome was all the same.

Back