Not an exclusive club any longer....

Kid Red

:
Mazda 5
Man, for the last 2 weeks, I seen more 5s, than I have in the year that I've owned mine. It's becoming annoying. I see at least one EVERYDAY now. There were two days that I saw 3-4 each day! Yesterday I parked next to a 5!!!

I'm not sure what Mazda's numbers are, but there must have been a sale or something sweet over the past month as the number of 5s on the road has quadrupled at least.

I live in a suburb of Orlando for reference.

Well, we recently convinced friends to purchase a 5 when they were originally thinking about a Prius. They hadn't even heard of the 5 until we told them. The word must be getting out.

On top of that, a Rondo parked next to us the other day. What are the chances of that happening?...

I'd have to agree with you on that... I only bought mine in January and I hadn't see any around prior to buying it or the first month i owned it... but within the last month... i'm seeing them everywhere i go... 3 people (not including me) in my neighborhood now have it.... i now see 4 of them in the parking lot at work... and when i went in for service 2 weeks ago they had 3 set for pickup that day (i could tell by the balloons)...

i kinda liked it when i was the only one to own it in my neighborhood and at work...

I am here in Toronto, and I see 1 to 2 everyday on the road. Also I keep seeing one identical to mine (cardinal red) at a stop sign (happend 3 times in a few months) near my home.

Word is the 5's have been sneaking out at night at the park and making little ones....

its true .... mine told me it was fixed so not happening here

In the Northeast US they are not yet a big thing so they still turn some heads around. Now, I traveled to Atlanta this week and I saw many on the road plus even few as rental cars in Hertz and Enterprise (sad1)

While the exclusivity factor seems to be eroding, on the other side, the more the better, especially for parts availability/prices and more competent service around the dealerships.

I've not only seen more and more of them popping up everywhere, but there is another Stellar Greensilver with the same option package and add ons as mine five houses down from me!!!!!!!!! *Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr*

The women who owns it put a freaking soccer ball vinyl sticker on the rear window just below the third brake light!!! Do you know how low I feel knowing that someone basically looked at my car as I drove by everyday until one afternoon it hit them that it would make the perfect little soccer mom mobile???!!! I can imagine her logic now: "Hey I know, I love the neighbor's car so much, I'll get the exact same one!"

Long live the 5 and much love to every 5 owner, but dammit, of all the color options available did she have to get mine???!!!

Yea, I love seeing the 5s from an accessory stand point, but I liked getting all the looks. Now, I'm looking 'hey look, another 5' and I'm tired of saying it! haha I do like that it kind of confirms my taste in cars.

I only seen about 10 other mazda5's on the road in the past 9 months, and some of them are the same people driving them. It seems to be less of a seller in my area. Still none of them have any mods to them, so far I'm the only one with any. Hopefully i will see one with mods so i can compare with mine.(drinks)

very few in CT.

Hey everybody, new guy here. 2007 Touring, whitewater pearl. No mods, just the rewired foglights, and made a nice aluminum plate for the footrest area. Wouldn't mind installing a cone style air cleaner.

postfront.jpg

7red7 said:
The women who owns it put a freaking soccer ball vinyl sticker on the rear window just below the third brake light!!! Do you know how low I feel knowing that someone basically looked at my car as I drove by everyday until one afternoon it hit them that it would make the perfect little soccer mom mobile???!!! I can imagine her logic now: "Hey I know, I love the neighbor's car so much, I'll get the exact same one!"

LOL. Are you sure is not an Odyssey? LOL. Oh well, that's another proof that the damn MZ5 design and style attracts a quite diverse audience. I always thought the MZ5 car statement was something like: "Yeah, I'm married so I bought a Mazda5 to be my family mover, yet I resist to be boring and give up my sporty-single guy car feeling :D".

My MZ5 car has been called "Cool!", "Wow!" but sometimes "Cute!", so I'll leave it there (freak) ...

Not nearly as bad as when I would be on the freeway driving my Honda or Acura, and you would see 2-3 more of your identical color and model next to you in traffic at once. (hand)

I have only seen one Mazda5 here in my town, but then we don't have a Mazda dealer for 80 miles.

Keep Zooming!

Kid Red said:
Man, for the last 2 weeks, I seen more 5s, than I have in the year that I've owned mine. It's becoming annoying. I see at least one EVERYDAY now. There were two days that I saw 3-4 each day! Yesterday I parked next to a 5!!!

I'm not sure what Mazda's numbers are, but there must have been a sale or something sweet over the past month as the number of 5s on the road has quadrupled at least.

I live in a suburb of Orlando for reference.

I'm seeing more too, but since I have tinted windows mine always looks different (and better) to me. And when I look inside parked 5s, I can always tell they are automatics, which makes my manual feel even more special. :)

Even down here where fuel is relatively cheaper (than rest of the country), I've heard from numerous full-sized truck owners talk about downsize to smaller trucks or mid/compact cars.

It won't be long before would-be minivan buyers considering compact spacewagons.

5phreak said:
very few in CT.

Hey everybody, new guy here. 2007 Touring, whitewater pearl. No mods, just the rewired foglights, and made a nice aluminum plate for the footrest area. Wouldn't mind installing a cone style air cleaner.

K, we need pics of the foot rest, and what did you do to the foglights?

Kaian said:
I'm seeing more too, but since I have tinted windows mine always looks different (and better) to me. And when I look inside parked 5s, I can always tell they are automatics, which makes my manual feel even more special. :)

Sadly 90% of Mazda5 up here are tinted, so it's nothing special... (canada)
Well I just keep telling myself, at least I'm cooler cause I have HID and yellow fogs. (yes)

Before i got my 5, i didn't saw any 5 before. when i went to the dealer to get a cx-7 or 9 i saw the 5 and i love the style. now that i got it so far i have seen about 4 m 5's..

Back