no rubbing with my 15"x7" wheels w/Azenis

ARunto

Contributor
:
'03 Black Mica #226
I got some new wheels. They are 15"x7" ATS Complites with 35mm offset and Falken Azenis 205/50/15. I just wanted to let you all know they don't rub even on a lowered car. My car is lowered with Progress Springs and I must say I'm very happy with the setup. They are much lighter than 17's and acceleration and handling has greatly improved. Though they don't offer that bling bling factor like 17's do. I'll post some pics later.

Thanks,

-Alan

It will be off by 3-4mph at lower speeds and 5mph at higher speeds though it is no big deal to me. I think the benfits of the smaller wheels greatly out weigh the cons. :)

-Alan

msp_ats01.JPG

Here's a pic.

Thanks,

-Alan

atssg.JPG

Pic of the wheel. They are called "slate gray". I would consider them gunmetal with a hint of bronze. I'll post better pics tommorrow.

-Alan

never Ender said:
hell yea. car looks like a beast now.

you just comin up with all kinds of stuff for your car.
Thanks...eventually these will be come my race wheels and I'll be getting another set of wheels but what...I just can't say yet till I get them. :)

-Alan

I run these for STX in auto-x so the only 15" size that I can get the Azenis in.

I ran 225/50-15 Kumho victoracers on 7x15 wheels on the MP3 in FSP a couple of times. They did not rub at the autocross but it was at the stock ride height. The car came off the line much harder and steered like a gocart. As someone already said less rotating mass equals more acceleration. I don't know if there are any street conditions that they would rub in or not. There are a several good street tires available in that size. The BFG KD among them is reported to be as fast as the Falkens but more costly.

dolphin said:
I ran 225/50-15 Kumho victoracers on 7x15 wheels on the MP3 in FSP a couple of times. They did not rub at the autocross but it was at the stock ride height. The car came off the line much harder and steered like a gocart. As someone already said less rotating mass equals more acceleration. I don't know if there are any street conditions that they would rub in or not. There are a several good street tires available in that size. The BFG KD among them is reported to be as fast as the Falkens but more costly.
Yeah I looked at the KD's but I couldn't afford them. These will rub in the back slightly if I have people in the back and stuff in the trunk.

-Alan

Since I usually don't have anyone or very much in the car on the way to the autocross, I did not run into that problem. I think the wheels actually had less offset and set out a little farther from the struts. I'll have to go look at the wheels. Right now they are just an extra set of wheels.

Perhaps I will get a set of tires and move the MSP to STX. I still have the 7x17 Racing Harts with Dunlop SP9K's for the street. Right now it is too much fun running DS/ street tire and explaining to the SRT-4 drivers that the car is stock except for the window tint. Yes, I am running the hot ticket OEM Bridgestones. This upsets them when they are 2-3 seconds behind me. :)

Michael

thats awesome man i really did not think that 15's would fit with our brakes. but you proved me wrong. can you send some close ups with the rims on the car. so i can look at how much room is between the brakes. thanks man

deaconfan34,
Sorry, I just saw this. I have been on Jury duty and then shift work so I am a little slow. I will see if I can put a set of 15's on next weekend and get some pictures. They will probably be the 15x6.5 BBS since the 15x7 wheels are on the MX-6 right now. I think the BBS wheels have 215/50-15 Kumho MX's mounted. Hopefully that will be close enough for a start.

Sweet :) I've got 15"x7" ITR wheels w/ a 38 offset that I'll be putting Azenis on next month and using for autox. I've been running 15"x6" FC wheels w/ a 40 offset for autox, but wanted something a little wider and I got these wheels for free. Nice to see other people running smaller wheels for racing.

Back