No respect From Tiburon drivers for the MSP??

FunkyCold5

:
2003 Black Mica MSP
I tend to go to different car forums that are in the same class or comparable to our cars just to see what other people are saying about the lovely MSP. We get a good amount of respect in the WRX forum, VW Forum, and RSX Forum, but NONE at all at the Tiburon Forum. Why is that?

They think their car is a better bang for the buck. I built one and with the V6 Six speed it went close to 22k.......I"m sure you can haggle it down, but not as low as how much people paid for the MSP (on average 18-19k??). Anyway, I think the best bang for the buck was the Sentra Spec-V....but too many people started having the Spec-V when I was about to get a new car.

They think their car is a better handling car than the MSP. When I read this....I was like.....eah???? Even when someone tried to explain there is no way a Tiburon is a better handling car stock for stock than a MSP and provided a link from C&D and other magazines on the listed skid pad G, they wouldn't listen.

They also said the MSP was horrible looking......what type of people are these Tiburon owners?

I like the looks of the tiburon and all......it was one of the cars I was thinking of buying....(but it was a Hyundai, 2 door, V6 with a power of a 4 cylinder)...but how can 98% of the owners think all this?

I never actually went inside the Tiburon Forums before.....but decided to check it out today...and was totally disappointed. It's all one sided. And if anyone tries to argue and post anything good about any car other than a Tib...they try to ban the person. Can a Hyundai really surpass other car companys that has actually been out there for all these years (I know Hyundai had a few years hiatus way back)? At least we have 50% of the people in other forums that like our cars...but man....none in the Tib Forums.

Andrew

haha just don't sweat 'em....and if you do come across a tiburon in the twisties or at a local autox event, take video and pics of how badly you smoked it hahahha

jflo said:
haha just don't sweat 'em....and if you do come across a tiburon in the twisties or at a local autox event, take video and pics of how badly you smoked it hahahha
"bulls***! That's photochopped! That picture and video of me in my tiberon losing doesn't prove anything!"

Me thinks they all have a huge regret complex about buying a car that was way, way over-rated by it's manufacturer and now they have gotten together in a big group hug to try to cope. Then if anyone actually pulls the curtain to shed a little light of reality into their dark world they try to banish them so their fragile balance is not disturbed.

Just a thought...

Well, I've seen a dyno of a V6 Tib with basic bolt ons and the power isn't too bad, around 176whp. But it still barely keeps up with other 4cyls in the class and is 2.7L! What the hell, where's the power? I sat in one at an autoshow and the interior felt pretty cheap and the tranny wouldn't go into 5th. Pass...

Totally agree - can you say "chip" (as in on their shoulder, not in their cars!) haha!!

I wouldn't waste my time responding to one of those yo-yo's!

Ha, a Hyundai Tiburon taking an MSP? I should go to the Daewoo forum and see how bad "they" handed it to us!(rlaugh)

vodapas77 said:
Me thinks they all have a huge regret complex about buying a car that was way, way over-rated by it's manufacturer and now they have gotten together in a big group hug to try to cope. Then if anyone actually pulls the curtain to shed a little light of reality into their dark world they try to banish them so their fragile balance is not disturbed.

Just a thought...
Hahaheho, I agree, tiburon owners have MSPenis envy.

woowerks was the daewoo site. Street kiaz was the s*** back in the day, they used to go on for hours about beating an auto civic on the highway that wasn't really racing.

After some careful thought, I think the only reasonable thing for all of us to do is trade in our cars for tiberons. Who's with me? The spanish shark will own us all!

Tibs are pretty good looking, IMO, and I've heard that Hyundai's coming up in the next few years.
Those guys are off their rocker, though. I've played with a Tibouron on Hwy 9 and either the guy was a really bad driver or that thing cornered like a dog...probably both.(pow)

Tib = ugly and slow, I'd rather drive....uhhhhh....anything else. I have smoked more Tiburons than ricer Civics....The high school kids around here love them, especially with god awful body kits.

Back