no power ......no clue....

iNeedSpeed

:
titanium msp & silver fc3
okay .... 1st of all Yes i have researched and had a computer scan done and this is my situation. about 3 months ago i was driving home from work one night and i got a cel.my car started feeling like i was out of gas so i stopped and filled up because my gas light was on. i was only a mile from home so i didnt think much of it untill the next day when i tried to drive it and i almost got rear ended because i didnt have enough power to accelerate in traffic. itsince then ive only cranked it occasionally and driven around my apartment complex but it seems to idle and run fine but it feels like my moms kia. i hear the turbo spool and the blow off valve but slow as snails....can it just be a boost leak? blown turbo?.........any ideas....? please help!!!!

Wow This is crazy, I was just getting on here to start a thread about the same thing!!!! Exactly the same problem... I found a vacum leak in the waste gate acuator, Replaced that. I had a check engine light for bay 1 o2 sensor, replaced that. replaced all of the vacum lines, neww plugs, new wires, even new coil packs!!!!! wtf???? still has no power in boost spools but no pull. I'm ready to drive the car off a cliff!!!!!! please help ask questions.......

edit: boosting 7psi. Runs perfect cold as soon as I hit the highway in the morning she is warmed up and no good. drives flawless until boost then it goes crazy.

Last edited:
lol same here, i boost fully, blow off and everything, but when i hit boost the damn thing slows down....

I believe its just running so rich that its causing it to do this.. i will have a ssafc in soon, and that should confirm....

I don't remember the code number but it said bay 1 o2 sensor high voltage but I have leaned it out way to far already and no help.

I already have the ssafc and have had it for 2 years and problem just started 2 weeks ago. was running the super stock map that I got of this forum and have leaned it out from there.

hell no... $400 in parts and no fix should haave bought the wide band.... would still have the problem but I'd have the gauge. lol

id definitely get the WB so you can know what AFR your at...i cant believe you even leaned it out without know what your AFR was...

I have a narrow band which isn't acurate for fine tuning but will give you a rich or lean reading. Also I noticed when I was driving this morning that although my o2 sensor is brand new (1 week old) my o2 sensor voltage is high which means its rich and its bouncing alot. plus I have black smoke exhaust when it starts bogging at boost.

well speaking from my experience with kinda the same problem i replaced, plugs, egr, fuel pump, relocated the maf <<<huge difference,.....all the crap in my sig engine related helped, now i have little to no hesitaion but i need a new clutch to hold power

Ok, I'm pretty sure I figured out my problem. Don't know if it is the same as everyone else but I will confirm mine tonite. I think my cat is melted, which would create an excess of back pressure and hold the valves open. explains the (bank 1 o2 sensor high voltage) code and the car falling on its face under high load. I will remove the cat and drive, will get a cell b/c of no bank 2 o2 sensor but if it drives right it will tell the tale!!!!

okay....my cel says multiple cylinder misfire. when this first started it would run vioulently rough from idle through 2nd but after changing plugs and running through a bottle of injector cleaner it runs pretty good....just slow as my moms kia rio.it also is running so rich that its getting about 10 mpgs.

Ok, I'm pretty sure I figured out my problem. Don't know if it is the same as everyone else but I will confirm mine tonite. I think my cat is melted, which would create an excess of back pressure and hold the valves open. explains the (bank 1 o2 sensor high voltage) code and the car falling on its face under high load. I will remove the cat and drive, will get a cell b/c of no bank 2 o2 sensor but if it drives right it will tell the tale!!!!

If your cat is melting inside and solidifying, that will def cause symptoms like this, although the lower power would occur engine warm or cold. Cars that run really rich, tend to have cats that fail early.

OK it has been two weeks and I haven't had any problems. Got a catless mid pipe and rented a dyno for a couple of hours. Got it tuned very well. Started with the Superstock ssafc map and went from there. car ran really rich is all it was had to lean it out alot further than most maps I have seen but got good afr across the board. hasn't run this good as long as i've had it. SOOOOOO Fun to drive again!!!!!

I had a similar problem. check all your piping mine was a loose coupler

Back