No anti-skip on stock CD player?

naddie

I have the newly replaced 2008.5 stock HU (the one that fixed the volume level issue). I just noticed this (I rarely play standard CDs), but if I play an audio CD, it would skip going over moderate bumps as if there were no anti-skip feature.

Does anyone else have this issue? (PS: It is the single-disc non-Bose MP3 CD player I have).

That is not right. I have a 2007, but it never skipped while driving over bumpy frozen roads, before I swapped it out for an Alpine. I would say something to the dealer, it is probably a bad unit.

+1

That is not right. I have a 2007, but it never skipped while driving over bumpy frozen roads, before I swapped it out for an Alpine. I would say something to the dealer, it is probably a bad unit.

Yeah Every Mazda I've owned with a CD Player NEVER skipped over any bump. Even the meanest potholes never casued the head unit to skip. Probably a defective unit...or I'm not sure if those multichangers have any transport screws to keep the mechnism safe during shipping. I odubt it but if theres a screw holding the transport then it has no way of absorbing shock.

Hmm... I thought so... I'll add it to the list of things to bring up.

1) Squeaking chair.
2) Rattling dashboard (even after the adding pads to the front plastic cowl)
3) CD skips over bumps.

Ah yes, that f'n squeaking seat/seatbelt! I think everyone has had that problem.

Last edited:
I have a newly replaced .5 headunit as well. I dont have skipping issues. Sounds like you have yet another bad unit.

Hmm... I thought so... I'll add it to the list of things to bring up.

1) Squeaking chair.
2) Rattling dashboard (even after the adding pads to the front plastic cowl)
3) CD skips over bumps.

Ever find out what the rattling is from, it's driving me crazy! Seriously though, I can't figure it out, it's been rattling since day 1 when I brought her home..

Ever find out what the rattling is from, it's driving me crazy! Seriously though, I can't figure it out, it's been rattling since day 1 when I brought her home..

Nope. And it only happens around 68-72 F temps or cooler. On hot days, it's quiet.

I've already done the TSB about the front cowl, so i dunno...

So the seat squealing... that's widespread, huh? Thought it was just me! Time to do a search!

i think its the single disc player that has the problem with skipping

my brother has a dx protege and his skips all the time over railroad tracks and bridges and stuff like that

Nope. And it only happens around 68-72 F temps or cooler. On hot days, it's quiet.

I've already done the TSB about the front cowl, so i dunno...

So the seat squealing... that's widespread, huh? Thought it was just me! Time to do a search!

Yeah, apparently it is where the buckle fits into. The receiver where it pivots on the seat squeaks and requires some grease. (Sounds kinda sexual, huh.)

Yeah, apparently it is where the buckle fits into. The receiver where it pivots on the seat squeaks and requires some grease. (Sounds kinda sexual, huh.)

Wait, because the sound I'm hearing is from the front, like on the dash somewhere, but there's nothing loose.. and it's been doing it since day 1.

Wait, because the sound I'm hearing is from the front, like on the dash somewhere, but there's nothing loose.. and it's been doing it since day 1.
There's another thread on here somewhere regarding that...it's the trim under the windshield wipers. I believe the fix was adding a shim between it and the windshield
Oh and mine skips... 6cd/bose... not just the single cd player
Weird. I've tested mine by driving on the "wake up" strips on the highway shoulder and had no issues.

I was only talking about the seat in that post. I probably should have clarified that.

Back