NJ/NY/PA Dyno meet need 10 cars or so...

CustomMSP

:
2010 Mazda RX8
NJ/NY/PA Dyno meet need 10 cars or so...May 22

Alright people,

I spoke with the owners of TurboTrix in Edison NJ today and they are willing to give us a discount if we can get together 10 people. Normally the price is 100/3 pulls or 125/3 pulls with an A/f reading. If we can get 10 people together the cost will be 75/3 pulls and about 100/3 pulls with the a/f reading. It takes about 45mins/car so 10 cars should take pretty much the whole day. I would like to let them know a week in advance so they can prepare and such. So lets the get the ball rolling. What do you think of the price?? I really didn't try to negotiate because I wasn't sure if this would happen. They might go even lower if we can get a group together.

The date will be May 22 if we can get 10-12 people by the end of April.

List as of 3pm on 4/13
  1. CustomMSP
  2. jersey_emt
  3. YellowSpeed17
  4. acidbbg(unconfirmed)
  5. Protege5gurly (unconfirmed)
  6. Mdagost104(unconfirmed)

Last edited:
CustomMSP said:
Alright people,

I spoke with the owners of TurboTrix in Edison NJ today and they are willing to give us a discount if we can get together 10 people. Normally the price is 100/3 pulls or 125/3 pulls with an A/f reading. If we can get 10 people together the cost will be 75/3 pulls and about 100/3 pulls with the a/f reading. It takes about 45mins/car so 10 cars should take pretty much the whole day. I would like to let them know a week in advance so they can prepare and such. So lets the get the ball rolling. I hope they can set us up on a sat April 24th. I'll find out. What do you think of the price?? I really didn't try to negotiate because I wasn't sure if this would happen. They might go even lower if we can get a group together.

1.CustomMSP
I talked to guy named Ed there..he told me same pricing...i wanna be in on this..but not sure if i can...just dont have the $$$ also i am having the new mpi unit installed in my ride..so i will need time to tune it!

Any way to do this in may?

Chas:(

Yeah, April 24th is kind of short notice...I'd try to make it at the very least one month after the big meet. That way we'll get more people to come, and possibly lower prices.

If we get enough interest we could just rent the dyno for the day...it would be cheaper than paying individually.

I'm definitely in.

Same here, would like to go but not sure on the date. But isn't Andy's place going to be ready on May 8th (dyno as well)?

kinda short on notice, but damn good deal 75 for 3 runs.
I want to get a baseline for my protege.
So you can count me in ...
Bruce

Lets make the date sometime mid May then. I'll have to call and find out if a sat is good for TurboTrix. 10-12 cars should pretty much take the whole 8 hours, assuming that that's their working day.

Ok...They will be able to have the meet on a saturday. So lets shoot for May 22. Please update the list with your name.

Thanks.

This might be a stupid question but does the car has to be a mazda? my friend has a v8 chevy van that may be interested.

Yeah, I was wondering that too because I have a friend with a WRX that is interested in this........Not to mention I'd like to do a pull or 2 with my protege.

Boosted 1st Gen said:
Yeah, I was wondering that too because I have a friend with a WRX that is interested in this........Not to mention I'd like to do a pull or 2 with my protege.
no 1st gen's! the wrx can come(chair) (pow)

Back