Nightshift Story Time!!

CF_KoiFry

:
2003 Protege5
So, I'm the night auditor at a hotel and got to thinking. I can't be the only one awake at this hour, sitting on the 247...anybody got any crazy stories? I got one!

So it's like raining cats and dogs one night and this man pulls in on a motorcycle. He's soaked from head to foot, I felt really bad for the guy. He asks what it was for a night and I'm like "Are you a member of AAA?" to which he replies no. "Are you a member of AARP?" Again...no. "Are you a state of federal employee or retired government employee?" to which he replies...no. I'm thinking to myself, this guy just rode god knows how long in the rain. We're the only hotel within 40 miles with vacancy (206 room hotel) and this guy needs a bed. I'm like well, he doesn't qualify for any discounts so I quote him a price and he sighs and starts to head back to his bike. I'm like "Sir, if you don't mind my asking, if you were to get a room how would you pay?" and he replies "Cash" and I say "I have to have a card on file for incidentals, but I can allow you to pay cash. What have you got on you?" he say "$80" PERFECT! $77 is the lowest I can go on negotiating room prices, but our manager's try to have us sell the rooms at RACK. They'd rather have a room sold at a lower rate than empty though...so I sold it to him for the $80 and even give him a breakfast coupon for the morning. Well, he goes to his room, and I hear him moving around upstairs cause we have a large atrium that spans all 5 floors. I hear him curse and come back downstairs and complain that his room key didn't work. So I checked his room number, yup in service room. Verified his key, yup, key works...time to go help him out. So I go upstairs with the guy. Now, we're an older hotel so our door locks have some tricks you can do to help get them open. Like pulling the door to you, lifting the handle while you swipe, y'know...the tricks! Well I'd checked this guy into 215...and realized OH dang it's 215. Btw, a few years back a woman drowned herself in the bathtub in 215 and have had some weird complaints about the room over the years. Well I go to the door, swipe the key...nothing. Swipe again...nothing. Pull to make sure door is fully s***...swipe key...nothing. Pull door, lift up on handle...swipe key...nothing. Dang...so I go to reswipe the guys key. Go back to the room, and sure enough still can't get it to work, so I think myself...hmmmm. Reach up and knock on the door. Swipe the key...door unlocks. I'm like "You little B*&#%...had me running up and down stairs (Faster than the elevator), looking like a fool...just cause our 'permanent guest' decided she wanted some privacy...

Back