Next Ford Mondeo inspired by Iosis

Antoine

Administrator

-AutoBlog

World Car Fans has produced this computer generated image of the next Ford Mondeo based on spy shots of the vehicle it has obtained. Its clear looking through the heavy camo of the spy shots that the next Mondeo will have an Iosis-inspired face. Whether or not the rest of the Mondeo will look as good as this artists interpretation remains to be seen. The new Mondeo will launch in 2007 and be built on the same platform as the new S-Max while riding on the same suspension as the latest Ford Focus.

Photo Credit: Copyright by Lehmann Photo-Syndication

wow... is that really a ford? I am liking it a lot and if they seriously come out with a beauty like that I would be shocked and happy that an American car company is taking a step in the right direction! USA!

wow...Ford designers came up with that?!?!

Antoine said:

-AutoBlog

World Car Fans has produced this computer generated image of the next Ford Mondeo based on spy shots of the vehicle it has obtained. Its clear looking through the heavy camo of the spy shots that the next Mondeo will have an Iosis-inspired face. Whether or not the rest of the Mondeo will look as good as this artists interpretation remains to be seen. The new Mondeo will launch in 2007 and be built on the same platform as the new S-Max while riding on the same suspension as the latest Ford Focus.

Photo Credit: Copyright by Lehmann Photo-Syndication
Nice.
Go FORD

tunersteve said:
What the Ford 500 should look like.

Is it big enough to be the Five Hundred? I thought it's more Fusion-sized, which is a damn shame since it won't have any chance of coming here.

eting_pro5 said:
Is it big enough to be the Five Hundred? I thought it's more Fusion-sized, which is a damn shame since it won't have any chance of coming here.

Technically, its smaller than the 500, and the Fusion, since it rides on a Focus platform. I like the styling of the Fusion, but if they made the 500 resemble that, but in a larger form, I think it would really go right at the accord and camry.

Based on the dimensions and weight of the Jaguar X-type, which is based on the current generation of Mondeo, I would guess this next generation will be about the same size as the fusion. Also, the Focus shares a platform with the Mazda3 & S40 sold in the States. Either Ford is planning on replacing the Mazda6 with an inflated Mazda3 platform, or the new Mondeo won't be coming to the States.

Edit: FTFA - this prototype is based on the S-Max platform, which looks like a Mazda5 type of vehicle. Also, only some suspension peices will come from teh Focus. I doubt this platform will see its way to America.

Besides, why the hell would Ford give the US market the best engineered version of a car? They didn't with the Focus.

Now, the better question may be...is that any idication as to what the next Mazda6 will look like?

Last edited:
They need to release that over here as the new contour, and make a new svt contour.

SLA said:
They need to release that over here as the new contour, and make a new svt contour.

That will not happen because Ford is selling the Fusion as its midsize sedan.

SLA said:

SVT is no more. Period. Sad sad sad...(sad2)

Back