Newb question - remote actuated windows on CX7 GT?

CeeExSeven

:
2007 CX7
Hi All,

I'm a brand hew CX7 owner and I'm getting acquainted with my new ride. So far I'm a happy owner :) I do have one question...when I was at the dealership, I saw my dealer remotely roll down the windows on a CX7 (not the one that I drove off the lot though) and I'm wondering how to do it with mine! I'd RTM HOWEVER, there was no manual included with mine...the dealer is ordering one for me that should be in by Friday.

Is there something special I need to do? I just assumed that on the GT trim level this feature would be standard. Any hints are greatly appreciated.

'07 CX7 GT

If you have the credit card type since you have the GT, you press on the unlock button for at least 3-4 secs and the front and sunroof windows will roll down.

Congrats on the ride. I was in San Francisco last month, mostly in San Ramon

If your car had the window TSB performed on it you might have to press unlock, release and then press and hold. Otherwise what shaz said will work.

Well...I'll give the press-release-press and hold combo a try when i go out for lunch today and see if the dealer took care of the TSB before delivery. Also, I don't have the credit card type FOB...instead it looks like THIS:

1472080333_82f74f1379_m.jpg

Last edited:
I wonder why you got the switchblade. Are you sure you have a GT?

Yeah, the first thing I wondered when you mentioned credit card key was "oh shoot! Did i really get a GT??" But I confirmed that i did....or at the very least got a GT window sticker :)

No tech package tho.

(scratch) well..still no dice. I guess I'll have to ask the dealer about it when I go in to pick up the manual.

Thanks to all for the suggestions though.

I was wondering what you were talking about also. My 08 GT came with the switchblade keys also.

I have the upgraded Bose 9 speaker radio/ 6disc changer/ centerpoint & audiopilot etc and the autodim/compass rearview mirror.

I think the window drop feature only comes with the tech package.

Anyone else able to drop their windows from the key without a tech package?

Quite honestly, it's not as easy as it should be. Try it a couple of times and see if you can get it to work. I know I sometimes have to attempt it multiple times to get it to work.

I removed my last post.

It worked!

You have to double click the unlock first. If the other doors are locked it won't work with a single unlock. Holding it down will drop the windows then open the sunroof.

Last edited:
Silver90Miata, let me confirm that I understand you correctly.

Click 1 unlocks the driver's side dore
Click 2 unlocks all other doors
Click3-hold should roll down the windows

That's what i'm going to try when I get home from work today.

More like, One click unlocks the driver door, then two, the rest of the doors, still holding two the windows should open.

Standing inside: Look, I can roll down my windows and sun roof!
Them: How do you get them back up?

/Me walking outside to turn the car on so I can roll them back up.

Standing inside: Look, I can roll down my windows and sun roof!
Them: How do you get them back up?
/Me walking outside to turn the car on so I can roll them back up

Hah...true that.

I have a VW jetta and a company called "alientech" made a window controller that would roll down, roll up and vent the windows for you based on key FOB click combinations. I think it just tapped into the same wires that control those actions when you actually have the key in the door and hold open/closed. I'll search the intertubes and see if someone makes a similar product for the Mazda.

Guys,

You should give a try to the "Audio and Electronics" forum where this problem was discussed over and over.

There is some liability involved if windows goes up automatically (especially for children) so it will not work remotly.

But if you use the key (I mean the metal key in the door lock) and hold it turned as to close the car, windows and sunroof will close.

It's quite simple...

Whether you have the tech package or not, if you have the switchblade --- - just hold down the unlock button for a few seconds. It's easy. Be careful though, two weeks ago we were at our cabin in Big Bear which is up high on a hillside and the 7 was parked way down on the road. Well my 'lil neice pushed the button and unrolled the windows and sunroof about five minutes before a thunderstorm started to hit. I had to scramble my $*% down the road so fast!! They should have made this reversable!!

Matt

Well....i don't know wtf i was doing wrong before but now, with the help of everyone who responded, I'm able to remotely roll down my windows. Thanks all

Click Click Hold!(thumb)

Back