New wheels (long story)...

krekc

:
CX-7 GT Black/Black
Well, I never came back here to tell my story with my old driv wheels that pitted so bad that I had to send em back for manufacturer warranty through Discount Tire back in January. Here it is in brief form. The driv wheels pitted so bad that the polish was in terrible condition and Discount Tire and Driv decided to warranty them. After all I only had them for 7-8 months.

I returned them in January and Discount Tire was real nice about the warranty return. I was excited to be able to get new wheels after feeling sickened by the look of the pitted wheels. I mentioned that it was winter and I wasnt in a hurry for the replacements, this was a huge mistake. A month after I returned them I called how my warranty return was doing. At that time I was informed that the fella that was taking care of me was moved to another store. However another fella kinda knew what was going on but had to call the original fella to get upto speed. I was told that the new guy was going to look into it and call me back.

Two months pass and no call and being spring was coming about I decided to call Discount Tire again to figure out how we were doing. Well, after talking to someone new again I was told that the fella that was helping me out after the original fella left, well he was moved to another store too. So I was told by the new new guy he was going to look into and call me back.

Now were into mid May and its been a crappy spring, cold and rain all the time so I wasnt particularly in a hurry for the wheels. With no call in the last month from Discount Tire I decided to give them a call. Again. I was told they were trying to get hold of Driv about the return. No luck and I was left waiting. (bang)

A week passes by and Im growing impatient, ha, I tell the new new guy that I spent my hard earned cash on these wheels and I want what I paid for over a year ago. He understood and put a step into the deal. Driv came back and said that the wheel was no longer made. Freaking great right!?(hand)

So the next week or two I spent phone call after phone call with the new new guy to figure out what wheels I wanted now being the Driv wheels are extinct. I liked the polished lip of the driv but not finding any that I liked I found som Giovanni's that I thought were cool. The only problem was-was that they were all black. After much internal arguing I decided what the hell, I want to black my car out so lets go for it.

The only problem with the Giovanni's is that they were $800.00 more than the Driv's. YIKES! So I did it anyway. I do like them, I just wish the lip was a bit deeper. So with out any further ado, here they are. What do you think?

54887e2d1d5cdd.jpg

54887e2d1b8435.jpg

54887e2d17ea58.jpg

54887e2d155a14.jpg

i like the polished edge of the spokes, typically black wheels get lost and washed out.

Looks real good! Gotta find some wheels for my white cx-7

Back