new Toyota crossover - JDM Mark X Zio

starlightmica

:
2007 Mazda5 Sport
This vehicle was just introduced for the JDM and is supposed to come stateside with a different name next spring to replace the Toyota Solara Coupe. It's 3" longer, 1" wider, and 3" shorter (height) than a Mazda5, and also seats 2+2+2, and is available there with the same Camry engines, the 2.4L I4 and 3.5L V6 with CVT and 6AT respectively, FWD and AWD (I4).

Here's the URL: http://toyota.jp/markxzio/

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

05.jpg

06.jpg

Last edited:
"It's 3" longer, 1" wider, and 3" shorter"
you mean it's the same length? lol

toyota's pickups & tiny cars are fun, everything else they build is zzzzzzzz

Sorry for the confusion: length 184", height 61" for the Toyota vs. length 181", height 64" for the 5. Curb weights are I4 CVT FWD 3461lbs - V6 6AT FWD 3660lbs.
We're talking 0-60 in 6.5 seconds for the latter setup.(drive2)

The Toyota FT-SX concept car:
photo_1.jpg

My brother & sis-in-law just had their second child and were wondering about getting a 5, we'll see if this new vehicle tempts them. We bought the 5 expecting my wife to drive it, but she wanted to stick with her Camry so the 5 is mine!

Last edited:
It looks like the answer to a question that nobody was asking. (scratch)

"What would happen if you crossed a Toyota Camry with a Mercedes R-Class?" (puke)

It looks nice. Now, Possibly is late at night in this part of the globe, but does it look closer to the Mercedes Benz R350 (in cheaper of course) than to the Mazda5?

RightFront.jpg

suv_int_0_main.jpg

I remember reading in October 2006 about the "Toyota Ace" which was supposed to be a six seater available in 2008. I looked and looked but could never find any more information on it (I even kept the article which I just read a week ago which is how I know it was Oct. '06).

This is the Toyota Ace. OK, it maybe the Ace was their working name, but if this is offered with manual transmission I'm in. I'll be sure to keep my eyes open.

For what it's worth I've also been watching for the Honda Stream to make it's way to the US / Canada market, but so far no word on that happening. The Stream is Honda's 6-seater available in Asia and, I believe, Europe.

Last edited:
The Stream is not even close to the MZ5 in terms of handling and peppyness. I rented one when I was traveling in Asia last Christmas. Practical for the week when we were there but it wouldn't be something I'd own.

Heat:

Snippet from the Autoweek Toyota future vehicles article:

ACE: The crossover arrives as a 2009 model, drawing on crossover and minivan characteristics. Toyota says ACE stands for "advanced concept for empty-nesters" and is derived from the FT-SX concept.

ACE is merely the project code; the vehicle will be renamed before it reaches the market. Styling highlights are expected to include a low roofline with a high beltline and narrow greenhouse.

Expect much component sharing with the Camry. A 3.5-liter V-6 will be the only engine, paired with a six-speed automatic. AWD will be optional.

As I mentioned in the other thread, all the noise for this. That target market is already saturated. AWD, 5 Seater, tall, aims the Equinox and the Edge, that is an SUV to me, nothing really innovative here. If anything, will go against the Mazda CX-7.

In between the RAV4 and Highlander? That should also bring it to around $30K. Then I prefer my FWD, 4cyl, 6 seater, Manual Tranny, drive-like-a-car MPV (for around $20K). If anything, the 19in wheels should make it look different, but that is about it.

Back