New to the site!

Evolved

:
2006 Mazdaspeed 6 GT
Hey everyone, my name is Lucas and I'm about to purchase a 2006 MS6 (hopefully this weekend). I have a quick question about it. I know that leather was only available on the GT (along with HID's and power seats amongst a few other options). This is the car that I'm hoping to purchase (sorry for the long link)...

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?ct=u&car_id=258482474&dealer_id=1388625&car_year=2006&rdm=1242923849477&model=MAZDASPD6&num_records=25&systime=&make2=&highlightFirstMakeModel=&start_year=1981&keywordsfyc=&keywordsfyc=&keywordsrep=&keywordsrep=&engine=&certified=&body_code=0&fuel=&awsp=false&search_type=both&distance=500&marketZipError=false&ct=u&search_lang=en&sownerid=553748&showZipError=n&make=MAZDA&keywords_display=&color=&page_location=findacar%3A%3Aispsearchform&min_price=&drive=&default_sort=priceDESC&seller_type=b&max_mileage=45000&style_flag=1&sort_type=priceDESC&address=63139&feature4=leather+seats&advanced=y&end_year=2010&doors=&transmission=&max_price=&cardist=252&standard=false

When I visit the dealers website it claims that this is a Sport MS6. My question is, do they have it wrong? I'm assuming the leather and power seats are a dead give away that they don't have the correct information. Thanks for the help and I look forward to owning an MS6!

i just bought my 06 ms6 sport for 16000 with 26k ...dealers are really hungry for sales... dont pay more than i did...

good luck with the purchase...

btw, a friend of mine on evom and the local forums uses the forum name "evolved" since he drives a evo 8 (fully built/37r turbo)... i'll tell him there's another evolved out there...

i just bought my 06 ms6 sport for 16000 with 26k ...dealers are really hungry for sales... dont pay more than i did...

good luck with the purchase...

btw, a friend of mine on evom and the local forums uses the forum name "evolved" since he drives a evo 8 (fully built/37r turbo)... i'll tell him there's another evolved out there...

Ahh, makes sense....I used to own an Evo VIII and it's my name on my local board.

Welcome to the forum. The leather seats and sunroof make it a GT model. A lot of dealers are clueless when it comes to things like this (can't recall how many "6 cylinder" RX-7s I've seen advertised).

Picked it up on Saturday (for ~16K) and drove it back to St. Louis. I love it! I've owned a handful of cars over the years (turbo 240sx, Evolution, BMW 323) and this is the best blend of speed and comfort thus far! I plan on doing minimal mods.....Corksport SRI+box, engine mount and maybe a cat-back exhaust.

Quick question....the dealer told me a panel on the underside of the motor was missing (previous owner most likely removed it for oil changes, I'm guessing?). I'm guessing it is a splash/rock guard, is it a necessary piece? Thanks!

The panel they are discussing is basically a large plastic underbody cover that extends from the front of the car to behind the front wheel wells. It helps to reduce high speed noise, prevent corrosion, keep the engine bay clean, etc.

I would not consider it a necessity - it doesn't keep the car from running well. However, I would consider it important because of its benefits.

Also, we are having a meet-up here in St. Louis in a week and a half. More info here: http://www.mzspd6.com/forum/showthread.php?t=123739707&page=3

Welcome to the club!

welcome to the board. had a 95 240sx se and miss it, although the speed does help me forget.

i would imagine that the plate is of some importance, but not sure. i know someone on this board can give u a definite answer.

Back