New to forum and speed 6 questions...

Modat5

Hi, new to the forum and I've got some speed 6 questions while I am at it.

I've been a Suby owner/driver since 99', 1st was Impreza RS, currently 03' WRX wagon.

I just put a down payment on a 06' Mazda speed 6, and plan on checking it out and most likely buying it within a week or two.

I would like to know what you all recommend I look at/for before slapping down a check for $15k. I did a CarFax and it came back clean, so that's good news, but I'm curious of any other problem areas I should look out for?

It's a grand touring, with just over 20k miles on it.

Reason for buying... I've been looking for a fun daily driver for several months with a bigger back seat than my WRX. As my 2nd child will be here soon and I will now require two car seats instead of one.
I test drove a sport model and was impressed with the fun level and the more mature styling and trim compared to my WRX. Plus the back seat was roomier and the price better than a comparable Legacy.

Thanks!

Matt
PS ( anyone want to buy an 03' WRX Wagon ? )

Hi, new to the forum and I've got some speed 6 questions while I am at it.

I've been a Suby owner/driver since 99', 1st was Impreza RS, currently 03' WRX wagon.

I just put a down payment on a 06' Mazda speed 6, and plan on checking it out and most likely buying it within a week or two.

I would like to know what you all recommend I look at/for before slapping down a check for $15k. I did a CarFax and it came back clean, so that's good news, but I'm curious of any other problem areas I should look out for?

It's a grand touring, with just over 20k miles on it.

Reason for buying... I've been looking for a fun daily driver for several months with a bigger back seat than my WRX. As my 2nd child will be here soon and I will now require two car seats instead of one.
I test drove a sport model and was impressed with the fun level and the more mature styling and trim compared to my WRX. Plus the back seat was roomier and the price better than a comparable Legacy.

Thanks!

Matt
PS ( anyone want to buy an 03' WRX Wagon ? )

Yum bug eye wagon = sex(nana)(drive2)(nana) Got any pics/more info? Where ya located?

Thanks for the link to the TSB's I will check that out.

I've test driven the following cars over the past couple months:
Legacy GT
Legacy GT Spec B
Tribeca
Nissan Xterra
Nissan Altima
Saab 9-5
BMW X3, X5, M3, 135i, 535i

My requirement being that I could find one in a manual and that it would be fun to drive and be able to fit two car seats in the back while comfortably seating two 6' adults in the front. I also wanted AWD and at least 25mpg on the highway. Overall if money was not an option I'd get a BMW 535xi wagon with a 6spd manual. Another goal was to spend as little as possible on the newest & lowest mileage car I could find. The MS6 was the best bang for the buck that I could find. I just hope when I go to check it out that it is as in as good condition as described.

Don't get me wrong, I love the Subaru's they've been great cars and I think the quality/reliability is a bit higher than the Mazda but I just could not bring myself to spend 20k+ for a Legacy when the MS6 would also suit my needs.

I'm in Ohio near Dayton.
Here is a link to my WRX. These are not the best pictures, I've not prepped it for sale yet. I need to clean it and then take some better pictures.

http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/aa156/Modat5/WRX/03_WRX_1.jpg
http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/aa156/Modat5/WRX/03_WRX_2.jpg

Thanks,

Matt

Last edited:
Sounds like the ms6 is going to fit your needs/wants nicely. Hopefully the one you're going to look at is everything you hope it will be, but if it is not don't worry since there are a fair amount of them hitting the used market now that leases are starting to end.

TSB questions...and local dealer..

Well,

Monday I'm going to check out the speed 6 GT at the dealership up north near Cleveland and before I go I was planning on stopping at my local Mazda dealer to find out what type of people they are.

My closest Mazda dealer is Jeff Schmitt Mazda and I believe it's a fairly new dealership. Anyone here ever deal with them? I am hoping that they are decent bunch and mod friendly as well. My subaru dealer for the past 10 years has been very mod friendly and I don't want to lose that when/if I switch to the speed 6.

How do the dealers treat the TSB's? While the car is under warranty I assume they fix it free and clear, but once out of warranty it would be all me?

Thanks,

Matt

Back