new tires now what?

nalspeed

Contributor
:
mazda protege 5 silver
I just got new tires yesterday my mp5 feels like new again bumps are almost unnoticeable and the hnadle much better before, but now what is the proper step on removing the vibration when i'm driving in the freeway my steering wheel vibrates do I get an alignment or what? any help thanks

Um, that sounds like your tires were not balanced properly. That would be the 1st thing to check.

so get it balance and get an alignment i'M NOT a car person so I really don't know what to do I have not change my tires for about 2 years so get balance then an alignment?
Protephile said:
Um, that sounds like your tires were not balanced properly. That would be the 1st thing to check.

Get em balanced first. I had the same problem, and it's like an insta-cure lol (usually)

Like everyone else said, get the car balanced. If you haven't gotten the car aligned in a long time, it might be a good idea to get that done just to make sure you get the best mileage out of the tires, and the best fuel mileage.

FYI, when you have a vibration coming through the steering wheel the front tires are out of balance. If you have a vibration in your seat, it's the rear wheels.

car balanced? haven't heard of that. i thought they make you balance your tires if you get new tires? anyways i got new tires like a few months ago and i felt more bumps! low profile tires. heh. i put on some fuzion zri's.

xvdarkyvx said:
car balanced? haven't heard of that. i thought they make you balance your tires if you get new tires? anyways i got new tires like a few months ago and i felt more bumps! low profile tires. heh. i put on some fuzion zri's.
ya, I think he meant tires balanced...

so you think those people that got me new tires did not do my tire balance correctly and now I need to do it again? how much does tire balancing usually cost for all four? and i do believe i need an alignment my car is steering to the right a little bit how much should i be looking to spend for alignment and tire balancing?

xvdarkyvx said:

nalspeed said:
so you think those people that got me new tires did not do my tire balance correctly and now I need to do it again? how much does tire balancing usually cost for all four? and i do believe i need an alignment my car is steering to the right a little bit how much should i be looking to spend for alignment and tire balancing?
The people who mounted your new tires should have also balanced them properly; take it back. If you'd rather go somewhere else, I know that the place I go to charges me less than ten bucks to balance a wheel, and will check them for free.

Rule of thumb:
Vibration @ high speed = tires out of balance
Pull to left or right = out of alignment

Sounds like you need both.

your the man I will do that thanks

Pretzellogic said:
The people who mounted your new tires should have also balanced them properly; take it back. If you'd rather go somewhere else, I know that the place I go to charges me less than ten bucks to balance a wheel, and will check them for free.

Rule of thumb:
Vibration @ high speed = tires out of balance
Pull to left or right = out of alignment

Sounds like you need both.

also note that some tires are more prone to follow grooves in the road than others, drive it around on a diverse set of roads to find out if it is really pulling to one side

in addition, check your tire pressure, as that can be the cause of pulling

even for new tires? it needs rebalancing and air pressure already wtf?

mogi said:
also note that some tires are more prone to follow grooves in the road than others, drive it around on a diverse set of roads to find out if it is really pulling to one side

in addition, check your tire pressure, as that can be the cause of pulling

Well, you should check your pressure on a regular basis, especially with the temperature fluctuating as it's doing right now. I tend to check mine once a week. Low pressure in one tire could cause a pull to one side as there would be more rolling resistance. Also, it's something that you can check and fix for free. :D

go back with your receipt. demand that they rebalance them because they didn't do it right. I'd be pretty mad if I spent a lot of money and they couldn't even do the balancing right...

Back