New Tire Question

Zooms

:
2008 Mazda3 GT / 2013 CX-5 GS
So I got my Goodyear Ultra Grip Ice WRT tires installed lastweek & ever since the car pulls to the right! Haven't experienced this before! I called the shop today & they said they would have to get a tech to have a look at it! Anybody experience this before? (scratch)

So I got my Goodyear Ultra Grip Ice WRT tires installed lastweek & ever since the car pulls to the right! Haven't experienced this before! I called the shop today & they said they would have to get a tech to have a look at it! Anybody experience this before? (scratch)

The crown of the road often causes cars to pull to the right. If you test it in a flat parking lot and it still does it then you probably have an alignment issue. I wonder if the mechanic tweaked the alignment by driving it into a curb (either on the lift or in the parking lot).

Let us know how it's resolved.

Did you replace all 4 tires or just 2? Probably a dumb question, but living in the South I've never had winter tires. :)

Check air pressures

then you probably have an alignment issue. I wonder if the mechanic tweaked the alignment by driving it into a curb (either on the lift or in the parking lot).

It was fine with the factory Yoko's on! Straight as an arrow! There is only 10,000 kilometers on the cx-5 now! Let's hope not! There wasn't any marks or scuffs on the rims or tires when I picked the vehicle up!

Did you replace all 4 tires or just 2? Probably a dumb question, but living in the South I've never had winter tires. :)

All 4 new tires!

Check air pressures

It's fine! I'm thinking they might need to be re-balanced! Once I get a chance to take it in, I will update!

Check air pressure first, 34 PSI for 17", 36 PSI for 19" wheels. A low tire will cause vehicle to pull one way. If your tires were out of balance, it would not pull left or right, but rather vibrate the steering wheel at highway speeds. It is also possible that the beads on one of the tires is not seated properly.

Exchange the right front and left front and see if the pull left changes. If so tires. If not...

Exchange the right front and left front and see if the pull left changes. If so tires. If not...

I may be wrong about this, it would be better to go front to back so the tires are rolling in the same direction as when they pull left...

Back