New suspension, help me decide

Guvner

:
02 Midnight Blue MP5
Its for my P5.

These are my options.

1. Tokico HPK247 kit, struts and springs, lowers -1.4F 1.75R so it will look lower in the back, not too keen on that. Add Progress rear sway bar. Cost $800

2. Tokico HP struts, Espelir springs (-1.4F&R), add Progress rear sway bar. Cost $971

3. Yellow Speed Racing coilovers, No sway bar, just the stock one. $1050.

Keep in mind its a DD car, maybe the odd track day and my town has rough roads for the most part. Car also has high mileage and I plan to get rid of it in say 2yrs max, but I can always part out whatever I buy.

What would you buy and why?

I have espelir springs and I ran them with the HP struts, it was awesome. Although I have the mazdaspeed swaybar and a sedan I can still say it is the perfect balance of suspension. I currently run the same espelir springs on illumina struts and it is even better due to the adjustability of the struts.

Go with the HP struts and espelirs. In your situation, coilovers are not needed and espelirs are known to be among the best springs for the protege. The progress rsb is also a great addition.

So scratch option 2, Espelir springs are no where to be found anymore, I mean I kinda knew that. Any alternative to the Espelir springs? I thought Tein, but I don't want to go lower than 1.5".

I'm running HPs and Tein S-techs...check the link to my garage in the sig for a couple of pics. If that is too low you could always try H-techs which are just over an inch drop.

FWIW...I'll be posting up a Progress rsb, AWR end links and Energy Suspension bushings/brackets f/s later tonight. Not sure what shipping to Canada would be though.....

the coilovers will have a higher resale value if you decide to sell them when you get rid of the car

the coilovers will have a higher resale value if you decide to sell them when you get rid of the car

This is what I'm thinking. But now I'm looking at Tein Basic's, sure they don't have adjustment or pillowball mounts, but the Yellow Speeds are relatively unknown and new which concerns me.

Well that sucks looks like I'm going with stechs when I do my suspension. And a lot of people have had good results with yellowspeeds if I have the money I will be getting them if I'm allowed...

If you want adjustability and pillowball from coilovers, the BC's are great. I've heard Fortune Auto makes custom coilovers for the same price. They both run you a thousand bucks.

Back