New Struts/Shocks

AnotherCX-9

:
23’ CX-9 Carbon
The 9 always vibrates at highway speed even the tires are balanced. I took it to a tire shop recently to do a road force balance. The tech told me the struts and shocks are shot which caused the tires to deform. The car has 75K on the clock. I have also checked with my trusted tech and he said the same thing. He also found that heavy hauling has caused more stress on the struts/shocks and tires.

I have ordered the KYB GR-2 gas struts from Tirerack and was wondering if any of you have first hand experiences on them.

Last edited:
Not sure how they'll be on the cx-9 but I installed the same brand struts on my honda accord and found them to be just a tad firmer than stock. Overall, I think they're great and is priced right.

Did you ever get the shocks / struts replaced??

I'm at about the same mileage as you on my '08. And I carry a fair amount of weight in my car - mostly in the cargo area (3rd row is always folded down).

I always wondered what would happen when it came time to replace the front struts - especially since I had one of the vehicles with the "steering pull" - which was related to the front strut...and the fix was to rotate one of the struts....which makes little sense to me, but it did work. But it made me wonder what would happen when new struts were installed.

Let us know what you ended up doing....what you purchased....and if you notice a difference in the ride. Thanks.

Yes I did get the KYB shocks/struts. The ride and handling is about the same as stock; can't feel a major difference. I am just waiting for the cupped Toyo Proxes to wear more before I slapped on the Yoko Paradas (sitting in the garage) on. Rule of thumb. Rotate and balance your tires every 5000mi to prevent cupping (boom06)

I never had the steering pull issuse you mentioned. Good luck!

Attachments

• kyb.jpg
    kyb.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 194
Back